Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What does De Zerbi mean?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apologies for the typo on his name in the title, I don’t seem able to edit it.

Quote below from him on his latest red card.

He is treading on thin ice with his comment about there being a problem (even though he’s right) but am struggling to understand what he is trying to say in the last few words of the last sentence about smart people given he has another red card. Am I being thick?

The quote:

“I don’t like to get a red card.

“I don’t know. I am the same in Italy, in Ukraine, in the Champions League with Shakhtar, in the Premier League.

“Here there is a problem and the smart people can adapt to different habits.”

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m guessing the thread title is a typo ! I think he is pretty clear in that last sentence. He just means he has to behave differently than he did in Italy and the Ukraine and he is smart enough to do so. It is a little odd that the likes of Klopp don’t have to adapt though..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where is this from?

Anyway I think he's simply saying that he's trying to adapt to these stricter new rules, because that's what smart people do, they adapt.
He’s failing miserably then :lolol:

It’s from today’s Brighton Argus

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
He’s failing miserably then :lolol:

It’s from today’s Brighton Argus
Well at least he's trying :lolol: As he said we seem to have a slightly laxer standard in Serie A, even though we obviously have some coaches sent off as well, but it's mostly Mourinho and his staff. Lots of coaches complaining with 4th officials etc aren't sent off here.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Apologies for the typo on his name in the title, I don’t seem able to edit it.

Quote below from him on his latest red card.

He is treading on thin ice with his comment about there being a problem (even though he’s right) but am struggling to understand what he is trying to say in the last few words of the last sentence about smart people given he has another red card. Am I being thick?

The quote:

“I don’t like to get a red card.

“I don’t know. I am the same in Italy, in Ukraine, in the Champions League with Shakhtar, in the Premier League.

“Here there is a problem and the smart people can adapt to different habits.”
I Don't think he's saying there is a dodgy problem here, as such.

I think hes saying 'I'm the same person everywhere I've been and never got red cards. Here I am getting them and I should adapt to that so as not to get them'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I Don't think he's saying there is a dodgy problem here, as such.

I think hes saying 'I'm the same person everywhere I've been and never got red cards. Here I am getting them and I should adapt to that so as not to get them'
Where is this from?

Anyway I think he's simply saying that he's trying to adapt to these stricter new rules, because that's what smart people do, they adapt.
This and this.

But what does AntZerbi think? #OneForTheCelebFans

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
what he means is I have been told Dyche and Arteta harass the officials all game and never get booked - so am gona stay up all night watching videos of how they do it and get away with it :cool:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
What I'm struggling with is, both Stellini and RDZ were sent off for failing to control their bench/staff.
The TV clips showed Stellini several yards away and RDZ with his hands in his pockets neither in the centre of the melee or even looking at the bundle.

So if banished to the stands, who then becomes next in line to be responsible for controlling their staff, TB, PB?

Ref was quick to show a soft red but bottled it when a two-footed scissor-chop on Gross was far more deserving of a red.

Just another example of the catalogue of poor officiating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here