Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did we learn today? - on the field

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
March looks great when he's on the run with the ball. The trouble is when he stops he never seems to know what to do with it.

Every time I see March he seems to lack confidence , and to succeed in the premier league you need bags of confidence ,
Until he starts scoring more goals or have more assists , he is vulnerable to be left on the side lines

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Still lacking pace and the ability to get past players. Trossards clearly a skillful player, but it's frustratiing that when he gets in good situations he doesn't take the defender on, just seems very hesitant. Lamptey is the only one from deep that runs at the defense.

Exciited to see the further development of Alzate, Bissouma, Molumby and that Leeds player at the back this season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Absolutely, Biss. looked pissed off Potter/Dunk need to sort it out and soon.

would have thought there would be a 'seniority list' of who the top 5 penalty takers are and that the 'senor' one on the pitch at the time takes it, not difficult really.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You're quite correct, thanks for putting me right, and I think it's best to bring [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] in, just so I haven't deceived him.

Thanks [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] I did vaguely recall when you mentioned it, but still prefer him on pens to Maupay.

I think he went off shortly afterwards and missed a significant part of the season, which made me wonder why he even took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, I do think he was better than Bissouma, who was very good, but not quite as good as Webster. My missus, son and I all made predictions for the forthcoming season, and she and I both had Biss as our PotS (he had Dunk).

See to turn it on it’s head, I would say Webster must be a favourite for PotS, as post lock down he’s been brilliant.....

Re yesterday - all opinions [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lush

Mods' Pet
One difference I noticed between our players and Chelsea is that when there's a 50-50 ball in midfield, Chelsea act as if they 100% expect to get it and pass it forward. This gives them a forward momentum that we don't have in our heads yet.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Every time I see March he seems to lack confidence , and to succeed in the premier league you need bags of confidence ,
Until he starts scoring more goals or have more assists , he is vulnerable to be left on the side lines

Can barely remember him taking anyone on in 3 PL seasons. Don’t think he has the skill, pace or confidence for that versus PL fullbacks. Good argument for him being a useful squad player but if we want to get better, we need a better LWB and sadly Bernardo isn’t the answer I for one, thought he was going to be.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Still lacking pace and the ability to get past players. Trossards clearly a skillful player, but it's frustratiing that when he gets in good situations he doesn't take the defender on, just seems very hesitant. Lamptey is the only one from deep that runs at the defense.

Exciited to see the further development of Alzate, Bissouma, Molumby and that Leeds player at the back this season.

The only players who can take players on are Lamptey (a right back) and Bissouma (Centre midfield). Suppose Connelly used his pace to get behind Burnley but this isn’t enough. McCallister, AJ, Gross haven’t got the attributes to take players on and come to think of it, Trossard holds onto the ball well but barely takes does either. Think one should be moved on for someone who can go past people. When you add in the other centre midfielders and Lallana this is another weakness of this great Brighton team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here