Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What are your feelings about Chelsea as a club?

Chelsea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The American clown is the issue. As a club I have no real issue with them, got a whole bunch of strange fans (but most clubs do) but since the American came in they just seem to be a mission to piss off as many people as possible.
Hope they fail and the American gets dogs abuse, again

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I’ve disliked Chelsea ever since I had the misfortune to bump into their fans in Prague whilst I was on holiday. They were playing Slavia Prague in 2002, not sure, but maybe just after Abramovich bought them. Anyway, bunch of obnoxious, arrogant twats… and they’ve never changed.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Everything they do as a club, but especially everything they do relating to us, is summed up by this incident we should never forget: Chelsea fans, while they are winning 1-0 at home despite being outplayed by us, keep the ball to waste time. One then boots it into the face of another Chelsea fan. In the resultant time added on because of their efforts to hold up play we equalise...Welbeck (90+1). Glorious self-inflicted agony in so many ways for them.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
They are everything that is wrong with the modern game.

A complete sense of entitlement because they have a wealthy owner and a new generation of fans who have grown up since the Abramovich era thinking that BUYING their way to the top is normal, rather than developing talent and being sustainable.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember the late 70's when they were pretty crap back then but then most clubs were operating from a more even playing field in those days. Their modern fans know nothing else but BUYING their way to the top. Last season was the funniest though, having splurged nearly £600m to finish 12th.

As RDZ said money can BUY success but can't buy you class. Sums up Chelsea to a tee.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have for years disliked a large number of their fans who time and time have shown their hate filled views.
I never liked the Russian link and that has continued with the USA link throwing money around buying players who in all honesty will get very little game time but it’s stopped rivals signing them.
I really disliked what I have seen of John Terrys attitude to other players their wives and racism any club that can regard someone with that sort of attitude to others as a club legend surely something is wrong.
Most of the time I can just ignore them but with the more recent raids made upon us I am finding that far more difficult but and like Kim Kardashia it’s a big but if they are willing to pay £115,000,000 into our club funds and we then sign a suitable replacement at a fraction of the cost I might be able to just go back to ignoring them

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Curious to know when the hedgefund behind Boehly will want to see a return in their investment. At the moment they’re just shelling out cash left right and centre but surely the fund will want a profit for all that spending?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They’ve done us a few favours recently, snatching our management and coaching teams allowing us to upgrade and giving us £21m for the pleasure, giving us Gilmour and Lamptey for buttons, loaning us Colwill, bidding up Caicedo to a British record transfer, reliving us of Winstanley (who looks completely amateur now), signing Cucurella allowing us to upgrade to Estupinan plus an extra £50m.

I think we’ve had the upper hand on them for quite a while now, I feel a bit sorry for them. They might have a few bob, but they’re stupid.

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
Should have been an ‘other’ option. I voted ‘they’re alright’ based on memories of the seventies, yer Osgoods, Hutchinson’s, Hudsons etc. Peter ‘the cat’ Bonetti, jackets for goalposts, isn’t it?

Since Abramovich they have been one of the faces of everything wrong with football. John Terry, need I say more?

In this age of internet heroes they have absolutely dreadful ‘fans’ but name me a club that doesn’t, (Don’t say Brighton!)

For those who say ‘they stole our people!’ Well, they made offers that were accepted. I feel fairly sure that it’s less angry with Chelsea, more horror that our people voted to go. I dunno, I was disappointed at the time but they made a choice, all I can do is focus on BHAFC.
At least TB got good value for them (as will be case with Moises too).

I like Poch, I hope he does well (apart from when they play us etc.)

It’s exhausting managing all this umbrage, I don’t know how you manage it.

UTA

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can't abide.

I was actually pleased that Palace.finished above them. Would be absolutely cock a hoop if that happens again this season ... with Palace finishing 19th.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Didn’t mind them in the 90s but have hated them since. Didn’t help that back in 2004 John Terry use to try it on with my misses when she was at uni working at Pizza Express. Despised that Coke, Lampard, Terry era. Scummy fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here