Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] What are your favourite INANIMATE objects ?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My 1960s ITT Jet Set Transistor Radio. Bought for me by my Mum in 1969 the day before I left home for Uni and still going strong. It has informed me of everything that has happened from the early Apollo moon landings to the dire news of late.
It has survived everything from radiograms, Sony Walkmen (mans ?), DAB digital radios and smart phones - but I do miss Radio Luxembourg.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My 1960s ITT Jet Set Transistor Radio. Bought for me by my Mum in 1969 the day before I left home for Uni and still going strong. It has informed me of everything that has happened from the early Apollo moon landings to the dire news of late.
It has survived everything from radiograms, Sony Walkmen (mans ?), DAB digital radios and smart phones - but I do miss Radio Luxembourg.
That is cool.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My Ipad and Iphone. Music, films, television, social media, Facetime, Zoom, banking, shopping - all at the touch of my fingerprint.

That was the stuff of sci-fi when I was a teenager.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My music MP3s. Tens of thousands, many irreplaceable, many downloaded from shortlived web sites where people uploaded rare stuff they made from vinyl, or whole John Peel programmes converted from 8 track recordings, whole Hans Kloss programmes from CITR (Vancouver) etc.; all stored on 4 different external hard drives, and accessble from three iPODS, one connected to the Bose system in my car, one used for travel to work (anyone remember travelling to work? A fading memory) and an emergency spare.

The extension that has completed the transformation of my modest end terrace victorian house, which started out, 30 years ago, as a crumbling damp mausoleum, into somewhere that's a joy to be in (among its many delights are electric velux, a wet room, three separate underfloor heating areas, 3.2 metre triple bifold doors that open onto a big patio that's tiled with the same tiles that we used inside the extension, yes, I know, with Kent's answer to the hanging gardens of Babylon as the backdrop, Neff kitchenware, and one of those 4 way taps that delivers either boiling water, crystal clear ice cold spring water, chicken soup or red wine according to my whim).

I might have made that last bit up, but even if I had it wouldn't have made the extension any more lovely than it already is :lolol:

Even before the Cova-19 debacle, we hardly leave the house these days, because everywhere else isn't as nice. Fact.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Laptops/phones ad the like can all be replaced though; if my macbook packed up I'd simply buy another. For me, the important inanimate objects are the irreplaceable things that mean something,
The first swiss army knife my wife bought me about 27 years ago.
The watch I bought with my 25 year long service award.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Guitars/amps , scooters, cars . . .in that order my record collection also.

Rickenbacker bass first, orange hand made valve amp . . . . Probably my 1962 Lambretta Li as I've had it 24 years and been a lot of memorable places on it. then the cortina I guess, done a lot of stuff with that too.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My music MP3s. Tens of thousands, many irreplaceable, many downloaded from shortlived web sites where people uploaded rare stuff they made from vinyl, or whole John Peel programmes converted from 8 track recordings, whole Hans Kloss programmes from CITR (Vancouver) etc.; all stored on 4 different external hard drives, and accessble from three iPODS, one connected to the Bose system in my car, one used for travel to work (anyone remember travelling to work? A fading memory) and an emergency spare.

The extension that has completed the transformation of my modest end terrace victorian house, which started out, 30 years ago, as a crumbling damp mausoleum, into somewhere that's a joy to be in (among its many delights are electric velux, a wet room, three separate underfloor heating areas, 3.2 metre triple bifold doors that open onto a big patio that's tiled with the same tiles that we used inside the extension, yes, I know, with Kent's answer to the hanging gardens of Babylon as the backdrop, Neff kitchenware, and one of those 4 way taps that delivers either boiling water, crystal clear ice cold spring water, chicken soup or red wine according to my whim).

I might have made that last bit up, but even if I had it wouldn't have made the extension any more lovely than it already is [emoji38]ol:

Even before the Cova-19 debacle, we hardly leave the house these days, because everywhere else isn't as nice. Fact.
You ****. [emoji23]

I might have made that last bit up, but even if I had it wouldn't have made the extension any more lovely than it already is [emoji38]ol:

Would "Kent's answer to the hanging gardens of Babylon" be the Shep's brewery perchance ?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would "Kent's answer to the hanging gardens of Babylon" be the Shep's brewery perchance ?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I was referring to my back garden, but Shep's brewery is indeed only half a mile away :wave:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Lol. Apart from the Amex that's like a list of things that I think "why would anyone buy that?" about.

Fair play though. Whatever makes you happy.

In the main I brought it back to properly mundane things that just make life easier I expect but yeah, horses for courses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here