Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a brilliant game of football

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Can't go out to The Amex anymore due to ill health, don't have Sky Sports so I watched on my daughters laptop via Now TV. What a match, I've been following The Albion since the early 1960's but nothing prepared me for last night, seeing us boss City around was a pure joy to watch. And remember, a lot of Europe will have been watching us as well, if they didn't know who we were before, they do now! Like others, as soon as the team sheets were announced I feared the worst, how wrong was I, so proud of our club. And I nearly broke my daughters Laptop when Enciso hit that wonder goal, and it's such a change when you hear all Sky's pundits discussing just how good we are before, during and after the match, not about how City must have had an 'off night'.
:bowdown: :ascarf:

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Absolutely amazing & City we’re definitely up for it , they were playing at their normal tempo and high level it’s just they struggled with our aggressive pressing all over the pitch. We have some many elite young players . Still have Sarmiento to come next season, once he’s got a few more games under his belt , it will be like having another Encisco on the pitch . Brilliant
I think Sarmiento is the best of the South Americans pity a bit injury prone

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Sarmiento is the best of the South Americans pity a bit injury prone
I guess you're referring to the attacking players and not necessarily Caicedo and Mac etc.

But in any case I agree with the sentiment. He's not had the run of fitness to show it, but from what i've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if he surpassed our other attacking talent in time

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hopefully not to the same song :lol:
Music means so much to me, mainly as I've been a pro DJ for most of my life.
Wedding song was Procal Harem - Whiter Shade Of Pale.
The boat thing was in Mexico about 8 years ago. Unlimited drinks and food and lots of dancing. I got roped in to something, may have been YMCA or similar.
Even worse, my (ex) mate has just sent me a video of my leaping about last night. No, I'm not posting it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Music means so much to me, mainly as I've been a pro DJ for most of my life.
Wedding song was Procal Harem - Whiter Shade Of Pale.
The boat thing was in Mexico about 8 years ago. Unlimited drinks and food and lots of dancing. I got roped in to something, may have been YMCA or similar.
Even worse, my (ex) mate has just sent me a video of my leaping about last night. No, I'm not posting it.
You know you waNt to 😂

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
And their absolute shitehousery at the Amex this season AND the complete f*** up by VAR not giving the Solly March penalty too :angry:

We really do owe them a sound thrashing to assuage the hurts :smile:

Brentford somehow beating City again, Leeds drawing with Spurs, and the Bees grabbing the last Conference spot, would be the icing on the cake.

WHAT a post match celebration for Albion fans to go into the close season with

#dreamer
I’m hoping for us beating them, giving John McGinn a damn good reason to go down and kicking him all over the park (after his play acting at the Amex) and Brentford to steal the Conference place off both Villa and Spurs !

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I am so with you on this, I really want us to put them in their box. I can’t stand Villa - I still have memories of them celebrating their last minute goal that cost us the championship title as if they’d won the league, and then there was the 2-1 defeat at their place when we absolutely bossed the game despite having Mooy sent off and lost it with the last kick of the game - the mocking from their fans after that game was unreal. I will be there Sunday and looking for karma !
Looking for? We've already finished above them in 6th on relative shoestring spending - f*** em!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Like you I saw our team and though "crikey, let's hope Cithe have their kids out again......oh bollocks!"

He's a mental genius! I can only assume his team talk went something like.....

Pascal you are going to play full back, make sure you use that Cruyff as liberally as you do up the field.

PVH and Levi you two are centre halfs but if you fancy a go at playing centre forward then no problem just make sure the other is covering.

Pervis, Moises you two play wherever the f*** you like I trust you.

Julio, it's not really worked for you the last couple of games playing wide, stick in the middle of the park and just run at them and if you get chance let one fly.

Steeley you are going to play sweeper, don't worry about gloves you won't need them.
Steeley you are going to play sweeper, don't worry about gloves you won't need them.

🤣🤣🤣

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I clicked on this hoping he had a good view of the Enciso goal. I wasn't disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here