Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham …. trophy winners

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think it's been proven that you can remove Leicester City from your FFP-cheat list
2013/14 Championship promotion. They paid the fine (but only some years later, after hitting the ECL jackpot).

Reading that article, I'd forgotten about QPR, as they've been so anonymous for the last few years. Instead of removing one, I've added one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, you said:

"I can see this argument back in the days when 10 out of 11 players were British with the odd Irishman or Norwegian thrown in.
But nowadays? Couldn't care less"

So back in the day when the teams were made up of Brits you'd be happy for them to win in Europe. But now that our teams are mostly comprised of foreigners, you don't care about it any more.

So...from that, given that BHA's squad is now comprised of a large number of foreigners, if we DID win in Europe, then your pleasure in this would be diminished ? Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, I just can't relate to that.
To misquote Mark Twain, that's an awfully large return in speculation from such a small investment of fact.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Like it or loathe it, West Ham are our new role models. Their strength in depth is no greater than ours (cue some weirdo - and there's always one - who is happy to argue otherwise) and they've been quietly grinding out euro-results most thursday nights for the best part of a year now.
The euro-message is clear: Be More West Ham :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
2013/14 Championship promotion. They paid the fine (but only some years later, after hitting the ECL jackpot).

Reading that article, I'd forgotten about QPR, as they've been so anonymous for the last few years. Instead of removing one, I've added one.
My rancour and bitterness for LCFC pre-dates that.

They were relegated from the Premier League in 2001-2002, and then in October slumped into administration (getting a new stadium thrown in basically for free in the deal). Despite this, they largely retained their entire PL squad. There was no firesale. Muzzy Izzet, Frank Sinclair, Matt Elliott, Ian Walker, Callum Davidson, James Scowcroft et-al. Unsurprisingly they went straight back up to the PL winning automatic promotion - taking 6 points off BHA in the process. Whilst we were relegated at Grimsby in 2003, 5 points shy of safety.

It was Leicester's antics that led to the EFL introducing a rule whereby any club entering administration would get an automatic 10 point deduction. THEY are the ones that resulted in that rule being brought in, as it was clearly such an outrageous pisstake.

Oh but its all such a FAIRYTALE them winning the PL and all that. :rolleyes:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My rancour and bitterness for LCFC pre-dates that.

They were relegated from the Premier League in 2001-2002, and then in October slumped into administration (getting a new stadium thrown in basically for free in the deal). Despite this, they largely retained their entire PL squad. There was no firesale. Muzzy Izzet, Frank Sinclair, Matt Elliott, Ian Walker, Callum Davidson, James Scowcroft et-al. Unsurprisingly they went straight back up to the PL winning automatic promotion - taking 6 points off BHA in the process. Whilst we were relegated at Grimsby in 2003, 5 points shy of safety.

Oh but its all such a FAIRYTALE them winning the PL and all that. :rolleyes:
Yep, and all with the manager they nicked off us too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
what is the point of this competition ? Genuine question
Clearly the point of all these European competitions, always swiftly rebranded as 'leagues', is to blur the lines between domestic and European football. It's only going to get more blurred, to the point of a manager not qualifying for Europa Conference League Two South becomes a sackable offence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here