Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Want Falmer! So, is it any good???

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I liked Gay Meadow. Why did you move?

Because it was falling to bits, costing a fortune to maintain, in a conservation area so that we couldn't do anything to it and above all because it flooded every year, meaning that we always had about 5 games in hand and a pitch that you couldn't do anything but play hoofball on towards the end of every season.

lenny.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because it was falling to bits, costing a fortune to maintain, in a conservation area so that we couldn't do anything to it and above all because it flooded every year, meaning that we always had about 5 games in hand and a pitch that you couldn't do anything but play hoofball on towards the end of every season.

lenny.jpg

Apart from that?

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I loved the place, don't get me wrong, but we'd have been in the BSP by now if we'd stayed there.

We had our share of nimby trouble as well, and some of the same teething problems that you're having re transport and catering.

Would you like me to write a book about it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is my second favourite quote in the book:

'DEREK CHAPMAN: You got to a Board meeting and you say to Tony something about the padded seats, like: "You don't need them for the away fans and you don't need them for the North Stand, so we can save money". "No", Tony says: "I want the best stadium in the country, spend the money, I want it all padded; just make sure you get me the best price for it."'

:bowdown:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Load of LICKERS patting EACH other on the BACK and no MENTION at all of the ARS who made it all possible

What on earth have the 'arse got to do with it?! Can't we have a single thread on here without someone poisoning it with mention of those pikeys?????

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just finished reading this. Left me thinking about how close the relationship between the club and the fans was back then, or at least is portrayed to be. Do the same protagonists within the book feel the same about the club now? Maybe a new volume is needed "We've Got Falmer" to review how much the club has changed/is changing, for the good, or for the bad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here