Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] We Out Here

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Who was there then and what did you think? There were a fair few Albion fans around for sure

Not as good a line up or venue as last year I thought but still a great little festival and so much better than Glastonbury has become.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Blimey. Niche thread of the week.

I was at Øyafestivalen. I do not intend starting a thread about it.
hehe - where have you been hiding eh my precious?

Oh yes, and well done!😘

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
NSC is the place for niche threads. I still haven't been to this festival, but am keen to do so, and welcome info on it.
It's a really decent one though dropped off a little this year I felt, third year in i think and a different venue - not such a great line up but still decent. Great vibe, some great acts and you can get about and enjoy it without battling endless crowds. Ezra Collective were immense, Tom Skinner playng on a tiny stage doing his Voices of Bishara set was amazing too. Brian Jackson I'd never heard of before (shockingly) but was fantastic. Got to see Cymande again too. Last year was supposed to have Jamie Branch, but she died in the week leading up to it very sadly - also Comet is Coming, Pharoa Sanders, Kojoroko etc - it was an immense line up.

Got board shitless of the Glastonbury Bucket List Festival in the last ten years, this one's at a great stage in its development. I loved Glastonbury in the early 90's, big festival but could get tickets with ease (via postal application!!) and there was space to breathe, you could have a nap in front of the main stage and sleep off the effects listening to music without being trampled. This is like that, but on a smaller scale, loads of space to breath, they even have a lake/river for swimming!

We bought tickets late on so none of the daft chaos you get with Glastonbury nor the larger immitations. They sell in stages with prices going up with each release but at £240 late on its not one of the more expensive ones.

If you like the London Jazz scene, funk, dance, DJ sets etc then well worth giving it a go. Giles Peterson, Brownswood Recordings behind it and it shows. Highly recommend giving it a go.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thanks. Yes, I do like the London jazz scene and Gilles Peterson, hence the interest.
I managed to see Jamie Branch at End of the Road in 2021(?) shortly before she died. Was really intense -- and yes, sad to hear she's no longer with us. Thanks also for the Tom Skinner tip. The best thing about festivals is stumbling across something new.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Broadcast earlier this evening. I've not listened yet, but will most definitely be listening on catch up at some point.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Broadcast earlier this evening. I've not listened yet, but will most definitely be listening on catch up at some point.

Cracking programme!

The Jazmine Myra piece and also Metropole Orkest with Jeroen Van Vliet especially.

More to come on Radio 3 from the festival too.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Cracking programme!

The Jazmine Myra piece and also Metropole Orkest with Jeroen Van Vliet especially.

More to come on Radio 3 from the festival too.
Sun Ra Arkestra live from the We Out There festival is broadcast next Saturday.

Keeping it niche, there’s a really good programme I’ve just discovered called Freeness, which is on radio 3. Goes out at midnight on Sundays, but is available on BBC Sounds. The music is definitely out there!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sun Ra Arkestra live from the We Out There festival is broadcast next Saturday.

Keeping it niche, there’s a really good programme I’ve just discovered called Freeness, which is on radio 3. Goes out at midnight on Sundays, but is available on BBC Sounds. The music is definitely out there!
Superb! Love in Outer Space is a great piece.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Blimey. Niche thread of the week.

I was at Øyafestivalen. I do not intend starting a thread about it.
That’s a shame - we’re thinking of going next year 😊
We’ve done Flow Festival (twice) and Way out West (last year), and have loved them all - our camping days are behind us, so very much appreciate city centre festivals and a decent Airbnb place nearby!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here