Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] We know where they live........

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I know it happened a while ago, but it is indicative of the man. It is a tone set by the then leadership and momentum, and a persists to this day, with some of the vile postings by his and Momentums supporters during the election, and over this crisis.

I do hope you’re not talking about the tolerant,educated left...
Salt of the earth, really in touch with the majority..... of Islington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
X-EECBREXIT.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thicko was the person who wrote down what was said on the video surely?

Indeed, just goes to show that there are few checks if there is a hint of controversy to be had.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If only labour could ditch that dimbot, Corbyn, and replace him with someone solid and sensible. Sir Steer Calmer, for example,

I have high hopes for Starmer - but not at all impressed by him giving Lloyd Russel Moyle a job in his new team. Along with RLB these two should not be anywhere near Labour's front bench. Maybe Starmer is trying to unite the Labour Party by giving some Corbyn supporters a job? Russel-Moyle is a dangerous man- a real shame Nancy Platts didn't get another go.

On the subject of the Labour Party in Brighton, my (83 year old) mother-in-law is a lifelong Labour voter and member. Lives in Whitehawk. During elections, the local Labour Party calls her to make sure she puts her poster up, makes sure she can get to the polling station, even asking her to drive other elderly people to the polling station etc.

She's currently stuck in her flat in lockdown - not even a phone call from the Labour Party to see if they can help her in any way.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have high hopes for Starmer - but not at all impressed by him giving Lloyd Russel Moyle a job in his new team. Along with RLB these two should not be anywhere near Labour's front bench. Maybe Starmer is trying to unite the Labour Party by giving some Corbyn supporters a job? Russel-Moyle is a dangerous man- a real shame Nancy Platts didn't get another go.

On the subject of the Labour Party in Brighton, my (83 year old) mother-in-law is a lifelong Labour voter and member. Lives in Whitehawk. During elections, the local Labour Party calls her to make sure she puts her poster up, makes sure she can get to the polling station, even asking her to drive other elderly people to the polling station etc.

She's currently stuck in her flat in lockdown - not even a phone call from the Labour Party to see if they can help her in any way.

Speaks volumes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He comes across as a particularly unpleasant man. Labour could do so much better.

He's not, that's the problem. He's actually a decent bloke and a strong and active constituency MP.

Lloyd has a habit of barking his mouth now and then and saying stupid things though. He lets his passions get the better of him. I like his values, I just wish he had a mood translator attached to his mouth sometimes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I just looked up the bloke. Early days. The job may help him grow up a bit. He's done some silly things. If you feel he's single handedly responsible for the local labour party not rallying round all older labour supporters in your constituency, I suspect you will find that this is no different from anywhere else in the UK. I can tell you that our local conservative party has not been in touch with my elderly neighbours to see how they are, despite their successful efforts to re-elect the indelicious Helen Whately*.

As for all this being a worthy stick with which to beat Starmer.....I think you may have gone a bit early with your hand here, and I won't even begin to trump you with whataboutery.

And before anyone accuses me of defending your little ginger lefty MP, I am not. I see he released an unredacted version of the antisemitism report with the names of whsitle blowers visible (according to Wikipedia) which is disgraceful. No doubt if he turns out to be malicious rather than simply dim Starmer will shuffle him off into oblivion in a year. I was expecting Starmer to give jobs to a few Corbynites. So far Starmer has not been faced with a loony left rebellion. My expectation we will have forgotten all about Corbyn and his momentum chums in a year's time. There is no need for Starmer to launch a Kinnock-style denoument. Faint praise and neglect will suffice. So I can't raise up much outrage about the little ginger one's shadow cabinet appointment. Sorry.

*In January 2017, she faced criticism from some local residents for tweeting enthusiastically about being at the inauguration of President Donald Trump, due to his controversial policies. In July 2017, Whately was criticised for accepting several thousand pounds' worth of hospitality from the Saudi Arabian government before going on to defend its record in a parliamentary debate. The debate followed an urgent question by Liberal Democrat MP Tom Brake over fears of the imminent execution of 14 men for protest-related offences, including a number who were children at the time of their alleged offences. Whately had urged parliamentarians to "appreciate that the government of Saudi Arabia are taking to steps to improve their actions on human rights", but was criticised by an opposition Labour Party MP as a "serial apologist for the regime". In 2017, she campaigned for the repeal of the ban on foxhunting with dogs in England and Wales, stating that it did not protect animal welfare. On 17 April, Whately was promoted to deputy chair of the Conservative Party.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I just looked up the bloke. Early days. The job may help him grow up a bit. He's done some silly things. If you feel he's single handedly responsible for the local labour party not rallying round all older labour supporters in your constituency, I suspect you will find that this is no different from anywhere else in the UK. I can tell you that our local conservative party has not been in touch with my elderly neighbours to see how they are, despite their successful efforts to re-elect the indelicious Helen Whately*.

As for all this being a worthy stick with which to beat Starmer.....I think you may have gone a bit early with your hand here, and I won't even begin to trump you with whataboutery.

And before anyone accuses me of defending your little ginger lefty MP, I am not. I see he released an unredacted version of the antisemitism report with the names of whsitle blowers visible (according to Wikipedia) which is disgraceful. No doubt if he turns out to be malicious rather than simply dim Starmer will shuffle him off into oblivion in a year. I was expecting Starmer to give jobs to a few Corbynites. So far Starmer has not been faced with a loony left rebellion. My expectation we will have forgotten all about Corbyn and his momentum chums in a year's time. There is no need for Starmer to launch a Kinnock-style denoument. Faint praise and neglect will suffice. So I can't raise up much outrage about the little ginger one's shadow cabinet appointment. Sorry.

*In January 2017, she faced criticism from some local residents for tweeting enthusiastically about being at the inauguration of President Donald Trump, due to his controversial policies. In July 2017, Whately was criticised for accepting several thousand pounds' worth of hospitality from the Saudi Arabian government before going on to defend its record in a parliamentary debate. The debate followed an urgent question by Liberal Democrat MP Tom Brake over fears of the imminent execution of 14 men for protest-related offences, including a number who were children at the time of their alleged offences. Whately had urged parliamentarians to "appreciate that the government of Saudi Arabia are taking to steps to improve their actions on human rights", but was criticised by an opposition Labour Party MP as a "serial apologist for the regime". In 2017, she campaigned for the repeal of the ban on foxhunting with dogs in England and Wales, stating that it did not protect animal welfare. On 17 April, Whately was promoted to deputy chair of the Conservative Party.

Nowhere in my post have I blamed LRM for the actions (or lack of them) of the Brighton Labour Party. My point was that they request help when they need it - then disappear when the boot is on the other foot. Same as all parties I guess - I just mistakenly thought that they may have stepped up a bit more to help their membership paying, card carrying locals.

He's not my MP - we don't live in Brighton, hence my concern for my Mother-in-law who we are unable to visit at the moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nowhere in my post have I blamed LRM for the actions (or lack of them) of the Brighton Labour Party. My point was that they request help when they need it - then disappear when the boot is on the other foot. Same as all parties I guess - I just mistakenly thought that they may have stepped up a bit more to help their membership paying, card carrying locals.

He's not my MP - we don't live in Brighton, hence my concern for my Mother-in-law who we are unable to visit at the moment.

OK, fair enough. It is quite easy to generate a narrative from unconnected facts.....the strange human trait of speculative pattern recognition that seems to help us navigate the world (at least sufficiently well to hold back the panic and insanity that would follow if we truly understood how everything 'fits together'). :cheers:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
He's not, that's the problem. He's actually a decent bloke and a strong and active constituency MP.

Lloyd has a habit of barking his mouth now and then and saying stupid things though. He lets his passions get the better of him. I like his values, I just wish he had a mood translator attached to his mouth sometimes.

Or better still keep it shut! He might then impress a few people with actions then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here