Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are no longer a top 10 club

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The reason why Tony might consider removing RDZ was contained in the section of my post that, for whatever reason, you chose to delete: a strictly hypothetical possible return of 6 from 39 points in the final third of the season.

I don't disagree with your remarks. I don't want to see RDZ sacked. I wouldn't swap this season and the European adventure for all the tea in China. I was merely putting forward a situation in which Tony might consider it to be a reasonable course of action.
There was no malicious intent - I was simply trying to keep the length of my post down - I often don’t quote the entire post of someone if it is not necessary for me to make the point I want to make.

You think TB might sack RDZ if we only take 6 out of 39 points for the last third of the season?

I don’t. Again, why would we sack one of the best managers we have ever had (even if we are in a slump)? The reasons for our poor performances have been documented ad nauseam, I happen to disagree that RDZ is one of them (yes, I know that is highly contested!) - I think what will happen is that TB. PBOBE and RDZ will all sit down at the end of the season and look at ways to get us out of the slump, take stock of the players’ performances and fitness levels, the squad depth, what the agreed targets are for 24/25 and come up with a plan for the summer and next season - if RDZ is on board with that he will stay, if not he will chose to move on - However, after listening to PBOBE’s podcast last week, I’m willing to bet that sacking RDZ won’t be one of the options on the table.

Alignment!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
There was no malicious intent - I was simply trying to keep the length of my post down - I often don’t quote the entire post of someone if it is not necessary for me to make the point I want to make.

You think TB might sack RDZ if we only take 6 out of 39 points for the last third of the season?

I don’t. Again, why would we sack one of the best managers we have ever had (even if we are in a slump)? The reasons for our poor performances have been documented ad nauseam, I happen to disagree that RDZ is one of them (yes, I know that is highly contested!) - I think what will happen is that TB. PBOBE and RDZ will all sit down at the end of the season and look at ways to get us out of the slump, take stock of the players’ performances and fitness levels, the squad depth, what the agreed targets are for 24/25 and come up with a plan for the summer and next season - if RDZ is on board with that he will stay, if not he will chose to move on - However, after listening to PBOBE’s podcast last week, I’m willing to bet that sacking RDZ won’t be one of the options on the table.

Alignment!
I shall have one final nibble before seeking to draw a line under this little exchange and moving forward in unity.

First… the nibble. 6 points from the final 13 matches would equal 0.46 PPG or 17.5 over a season. Let’s be generous and round it up to 18. It would still be… really very, very poor. All I am saying is that I do think Tony would consider pulling the plug in that doom scenario.

Moving on, what I hope happens is what you think will happen. A good, solid stock take with all parties being honest in where they have fallen short over the season and applying a laser focus to addressing issues raised in the next campaign.

Fair?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I shall have one final nibble before seeking to draw a line under this little exchange and moving forward in unity.

First… the nibble. 6 points from the final 13 matches would equal 0.46 PPG or 17.5 over a season. Let’s be generous and round it up to 18. It would still be… really very, very poor. All I am saying is that I do think Tony would consider pulling the plug in that doom scenario.

Moving on, what I hope happens is what you think will happen. A good, solid stock take with all parties being honest in where they have fallen short over the season and applying a laser focus to addressing issues raised in the next campaign.

Fair?
Glad to see you two lovelies doing nothing more than nibbling. ???

When there a pwoppa plums starting numpty threads :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here