Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are currently experiencing the greatest Albion team of all time

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Like many of you I’ve been supporting the club for many years. Since the 60s there have been good times and bad, from memory mostly bad, but that has made the (rare) good times even more special. For the majority of my supporting years our aspirations have been to get promoted from Div 4 to 3, or to see how long we could survive in Div 2. The brief journey into Div1 and an FA Cup final was the pinnacle followed by 25 years+ of despair, more or less. So, to be where we are now and playing in such a fantastic style ( including under Potter) is the stuff of dreams for me. This is clearly the best BHA team I’ve ever seen.
Same here.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What price Brighton beat Chelsea – and their old manager Graham Potter – to a Champions League place this spring? Or maybe even a Europa League slot. Brighton rarely attract headlines but, as they emphasised during Saturday’s 5-1 deconstruction of a decent Middlesbrough side, Roberto De Zerbi’s team are very good indeed. “I though we did really well actually,” said Boro manager Michael Carrick in the aftermath of a tie featuring two goals from World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister. “Brighton have so much quality; a lot of people don’t appreciate how good they’ve become. They’ve built on what Graham Potter left behind.” While Mac Allister shone, Pascal Gross and Solly March were also outstanding. Maybe De Zerbi can follow his managerial namesakes Martínez (Wigan), Mancini (Manchester City) and Di Matteo (Chelsea) in winning the FA Cup? Louise Taylor

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ward was ok in Divisions 2 and 3, but failed in Division 1.

Not world class.
Wardy was fabulous, unplayable in Division 3, good in 2 and just OK in Division 1. He didn’t get the protection players do these days so just maybe he would shine at the top level today. We’ll never know but would he get into the current Albion team? I think not

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Quote from Kloppity after the draw with wolves:

Next team is Brighton, if you don’t defend properly there, there is no point going.

that's how far we've come.

Bearing in mind this is the same manager who completely demolished us 1-5 on first time of asking. It takes a lot of effort to earn that level of respect.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
This may be true but I am not seeing it, literally. I gave up my season ticket due to illness and last season and this have therefore been to around a dozen games only. Despite picking some games that I knew we would win, eg Norwich, Forest and the like, in those dozen games I have not seen us win once at home though did break my duck away at Wolves. I did not see us win even once the whole of last season.

But I hear things are generally going pretty well!!
But I broke my non-winning streak today - magnificent from start to finish!

dirtynine

May 1, 2009
Yank here, been following since '99 and my days at Sussex Uni. This is simply incredible. Not just the success, but the style. It's just unfathomable that the Withdean and League 2 were really not all that long ago. Not sure how this ends, but the ride is something special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here