Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Brighton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
There is no chance it could ever be sung that slowly ever by the north stand , they need a metronome

Even then they'd double the tempo.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
As cringeworthy as it is I honestly think a message on the big screens telling fans to sing GOSBTS slower would actually work. A small group can start the song slowly but once it gets going the masses are unaware of the intended tempo and it quickly descends into chipmunks on speed. A big message would get the point across to 25000 rather quickly...

Jul 7, 2003
Youth of today - no patience! GOSBTS, We Are Brighton - even the most basic Albion are all sung far too quickly now. Songs have much more impact when sung slowly than rushed through.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I have noticed the clapping while the team is running out to GOSBTS has got Itself in time. Towards the end it used to split into groups clapping at different speeds. It will get through eventually with the words!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
All we need is a brass band in the ground to slow it down. :jester:

Mind you "We Are Brighton" seemed slower as well.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I remember that as a little lad. Don't know if the video shows it... but i vividly remember a bit when the crowd sang the 'we're proud of you' song and it was genuinely emotional. Brought tears to my young eyes anyway. Don't recall hearing 'we're proud of you' since Shrewsbury away at the end of our league 2 championship season which is a shame... it's a goodun when the occasion merits it.

Noted that Fred Dinenage managed to cram in a mention of Pompey - funny "HOW" he doesn't do that so much now.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Everything was slower in 1983. The pace of life has sped up and people's patience is much shorter,there seems to be an urge to get everything done quickly, it's the Internet we have I thank fr that.

I love the 'model professional' Steve Foster saying he is going to get 'very drunk', many a time seen in Swifts the night before a game! Good old fozzie, wouldn't see many pros these days like that, the sports scientists wouldn't allow it.

Jimmy Melia saying he was going to stay 10yrs maybe even 20, wasn't he sacked early the following season?

Great childhood memories for me, when I was a boy I said I was going to support BHA, they were in the top division and in the cup final. Little did I know what the next 30 informative years of my life would bring! As I approach 40 could we finally be returning to those glory days?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw this on We Are Brighton's twitter feed..
1:30 If only we could sing it this slowly now..

Do you think it's down to the fact those who chant it so fast just don't know what the tune is in the first place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here