Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are BACK

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I know your up them in Prem land but you may have noticed that the Mighty Leyton Orient are back in the EFL. Going down was worth it to rid ourselves of Hearn and The Italian and now we have a real fan running things and a sense that the clubs is our club again. Watch out! We’re heading your way 😉

Good to hear this :thumbsup:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s a pat on the head, from me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How’s the second hand furniture store going? :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Orient and Hearn are scum. Let it never be forgotten they wanted us expelled from the league in 96 for what happened at the goldstone. Shame they’re back in the league and not where they belong in the arse end of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearn wanted us kicked out, I believe. You can’t blame the whole club and it’s supporters for this.

Like many, after that game at The Goldstone, I always enjoyed our encounters and especially the away games. They were great fun.

I remember an old rockers pub called The Globe becoming a regular fixture for many of us. We got to know the manager and we also held a handful of Seagulls Over London meetings there. After one game a rock band called The Undertakers were playing........the pub went quiet, the funeral march was played and the band carried a coffin into the pub before taking to the stage. They were fun. A few weeks later said owner disappeared with all the pub’s money; it was never the same after that. It feels like a different life now as some of the people from that time have disappeared, one has died and we are now all living in different places.

Does anyone remember the guy deliberately playing gay anthems before one game? Instead of annoying us, which I presume was the intention, we all sang along...the sight and sound of a few thousand Albion fans on a sunny terrace singing and YMCA-ing must have hurt him.

A really weird random memory is that I received my first ever text message on the terrace at Orient.

I’m pleased they’re back.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Quite agree.

Anyone who followed us through the mid to late 1990s will remember how Orient/McGleish/Hearn treated us.

Yes indeed. Hearn is a complete scumbag.

But let's not blame the fans eh? They aren't responsible for what Hearn did any more than we are for what those nasty pieces of shit Archer & Bellotti did to our club.

Congrats to the Orient; pleased you are back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was it a great away day, though? I recall being shoved around by Hearn's Matchroom thugs and forced to sit in the seat with the number on the ticket (till they gave up). Big fat ex boxers in suits. Twats. And losing 2-4 there with their striker with dyed blond hair having it large. And Buono. The best thing about it was it was quicker and easier to drive up and park there for me than it was at Withdean. Hearn reminds me of Scally at Gillingham. No real interest in the club he owned other than as an opportunity for making money; were I a fan I'd have constantly been worrying I'd wake up to find the ground had been sold to build a massive Focus DIY......so to the Orient supporters, congratulations, and I hope you have you club back, but we were never rivals

My recollections are:
good atmosphere - excellent support from our fans;
easy to get to;
generally good performances.......

I would also throw in one of my most memorable Brighton games, the 3-3 all draw. Brilliant goal by Martin Chivers, and the shot on the first goal by Paul Clark the Nobby Horton slotted in on the rebound.....

Great times.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Two good line ups here

IMG_20190501_194704.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hearn wanted us kicked out, I believe. You can’t blame the whole club and it’s supporters for this.

Like many, after that game at The Goldstone, I always enjoyed our encounters and especially the away games. They were great fun.

I remember an old rockers pub called The Globe becoming a regular fixture for many of us. We got to know the manager and we also held a handful of Seagulls Over London meetings there. After one game a rock band called The Undertakers were playing........the pub went quiet, the funeral march was played and the band carried a coffin into the pub before taking to the stage. They were fun. A few weeks later said owner disappeared with all the pub’s money; it was never the same after that. It feels like a different life now as some of the people from that time have disappeared, one has died and we are now all living in different places.

Does anyone remember the guy deliberately playing gay anthems before one game? Instead of annoying us, which I presume was the intention, we all sang along...the sight and sound of a few thousand Albion fans on a sunny terrace singing and YMCA-ing must have hurt him.

A really weird random memory is that I received my first ever text message on the terrace at Orient.

I’m pleased they’re back.

The PA was run by their resident **** Bonio/Bueno mentioned earlier in the thread, loved playing gay songs when we played. I think he had something to do with their forum at the time. Maybe Twatty can fill us in?

He really didn’t like us at all

sparra

Apr 11, 2016
The PA was run by their resident **** Bonio/Bueno mentioned earlier in the thread, loved playing gay songs when we played. I think he had something to do with their forum at the time. Maybe Twatty can fill us in?

He really didn’t like us at all

No one really knows quite what happened to him. He got some terrible stick from
brighton fans but gave as good as he got

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here