Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watching after England exit

Are tournaments a better watch after England go out?

• Total voters

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While I want England to do well I always much prefer watching tournaments after we exit.
All the jingoism disappears and the quality of punditry seems to increase as there's no need to cater for an audience that doesn't usually watch much football. You can quietly get on with watching quality football and anyone watching with you usually has a genuine appreciation of the beautiful game.
There's still a lot of shoehorning PL talking points into any match but it's nowhere near as annoying as linking everything to England.
So how about you?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What were the options again ?

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
Certainly less stressful and annoying. Allez Les Bleus and the Clog wearers (Bart) for me once we limp out

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Rarely watch once England out. Maybe if Brighton players involved.
I’m finding it hard to watch England when they’re still in it, innit. On a serious note, I will watch the ‘big boys’ strut their stuff - Germany, Spain, Italy, France and possibly the Netherlands and Portugal. As an aside, if hear once more how Scotland fans are the most amazing, wonderful, friendliest human beings on the planet I swear to God I will vomit in to my kilt! :tantrum:

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
I'll watch games that I think may be entertaining, and/or produce good football . . .

I have had ther TV on whilst England played but frankly didn't pay much attention.

Not sure why you bothered even turning the tv on knowing what you know!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What were the options again ?
Same as before. They're always the same.

'Not at all. To some extent. Very much so. Don't know.'

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've not seen a single game yet, but will catch England on Tuesday. As for the rest, I've no interest in watching, but respect those with a wide knowledge base across other teams and their squads, my brain is far too cabbaged/limited to entertain that stuff.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I'll watch some of the more interesting, to me, knockout games with or without the fantastic England side

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from when Brighton took part never watch any club or national tournaments until knockout stages.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
None of the above.

At present I’ve enjoyed watching this despite of England. If we get knocked out I’m sure it will be just as enjoyable to watch.

Reactions: A1X

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I watch the whole tournament regardless because I love these big events, same with the Olympics when there is no British interest (although that certainly makes it more fun)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here