Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Washing Machines

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If funds allow get anyone of the following Siemens, BOSCH, Mile and you won't go far wrong excellent build quality if they do go wrong parts are reasonable and the machines are easy to work on

You should not discount Neff, Samsung, Smeg very good machines parts and ease of repair not quite as good but it's close

You might at a push consider Phillips, Hoover, Hotpoint built to a price point but not the worst machines on the market

It's only my opinion but I have had experienced working on these and would not buy Electrolux, Zannussi, Beko, Bendix, Inderset, Tricity if however funds only allow this range and they do make some very cheap models then look out for and avoid like the plague any that are branded but labelled exclusive to the supplier

Finally with the expectation of Siemans, BOSCH and Mele all the other makers produce various models of wildly different qualities so do your research as you said you have had a Hotpoint for many years it might be that fits your needs and it's certainly a lot cheaper but get the wrong model and it could end up costing a lot more.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A decent twin tub.

Don't forget the wooden tweezers.

cd252b5ed8355fc9dc417b2bf7924d54.jpg

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Call in a washing machine mechanic. 5 minute job, probably.

What a timely thread. My 6 year old AEG has just started making a terrible clanking noise. Can anyone recommend an Engineer in the Brighton/Hove/Portslade area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've had a direct drive LG (10 years) and a Zanussi (15 years) each absolutely 100% trouble free.
The LG direct drive is quieter, washes much quicker and is supposed to be cheaper to run.
I'd buy direct drive if I had to replace either.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Wife just got her xmas present early couple weeks back. She wanted a Miele washing machine. Expensive (about £1700) but 10 year guarantee should make it balance out over time. Also came with about 8 months worth of their cleaning products.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you want quality, it pains me to say it but buy German.

Agreed, I killed a hotpoint and another brand with irond dust/greasey workshop clothes . . . . went Bosch 6 years ago, good as gold.

wash my workwear at a laundrette . . . . Miele.

In fact our Miele vacuum cleaner has just started complaining about working conditions . . . . after 14 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here