Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was the atmosphere last night a bit underwhelming ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think so. We know we're much better than them at the moment, but we've outplayed them time and time again for a few years, and failed to win, so we were a bit nervous - meanwhile they'd have been very nervous given the gulf between the clubs.
I think that's a good summary.

We weren't at our best on the pitch, and Palace weren't as shit as we expected - they even had attempts on target etc.

Given the history of this fixture, it had all the makings of another mugging of some kind - we've seen it play out so many times.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
WSU was very good last night, I'm nearer the South stand and thought Palace fans were poor, certainly made a change from having to watch them after they've scored, giving it the biggun to us.
We've been WSU from day 1. Right on the half way line. Atmos can Cary a bit, but Wednesday night was rocking at times.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Whilst I do enjoy some of our more ‘wordy’ chants, when considering we do have a lot of tourists who’d love to join in if they knew the words, it’s no surprise that the more simple chants are louder…

Our Palace chants often have a lot of words, and you need to understand the context that surrounds our rivalry… those ‘supporters’ that may have picked up the odd empty seat and haven’t been to a live game, or who don’t know anything about us; other than follow their fellow countryman who happens to play for us… have absolutely no idea.

Anyway… not saying we need to stop singing palace songs.. just that we’ll probably get a better reception with chants less than five words… or syllables.

:smokin:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Was there a drum in the north stand yesterday? It wasn't a persistent din but every now and then a good rhythmical thumping from near the back toward the police box,I couldn't see it but thought it was actually really good and whoever was playing it knew how to play it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Was there a drum in the north stand yesterday? It wasn't a persistent din but every now and then a good rhythmical thumping from near the back toward the police box,I couldn't see it but thought it was actually really good and whoever was playing it knew how to play it.
Drums Drumming GIF

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Think someone banging on the back of the stand, which is quite effective!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think it was inevitable the atmosphere at times yesterday was bit below par, this is often the way when a higher position team plays lowly opposition. Its all about expectation.

Conversely, if it had been at Grimsby the atmosphere would have been immense.

Anyway I'm sure we'll get Wembley rocking

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I sat in W1I yesterday, normally sit much more centrally in the WSL. Thought the atmosphere was better than usual.

Unless the stadium is rocking, like Chelsea of Sheff Wednesday play-off semi, it really does just depend where you sit.

Last edited:

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I thought the atmosphere yesterday V Grimsby was better than against Palace. Grimsby fans definitely made more noise and got behind their team more than Palace fans!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Definitely not

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I sat in W1I yesterday, normally sit much more centrally in the WSL. Thought the atmosphere was better than usual.

Unless the stadium is rocking, like Chelsea of Sheff Wednesday play-off semi, it really does just depend where you sit.

On my bum. Does that make the atmosphere better or worse?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I know, I know, I know! We’re all excited about going to Wembley… just wanted to point out that we also have 7 games coming up in April. Only 2 are at home. 1 being tomorrow…

I expect the Amex to rock and not croak… and it is your responsibility to ensure this happens.

I pledge to destroy my voice tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here