Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was everyone on their best behaviour tonight?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Paul Nixon thing is because we were chanting “Ooh Ah Cantona “ and they blame him for the death of Paul Nixon in a convoluted and confused way.

Having said this, the new Mr Tumble song is not good.
Let’s not go down to their level.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We arrived at Norwood Junction, we went down the underpass and back up onto the other side, when we go there we were met with beer bottles being thrown, by Brighton fans (the one that nearly hit me was thrown by a fat prick with a BHA Amex shirt on), across the tracks onto the platform we were on heading for the exit. There were some truly special dickheads there yesterday proclaiming to be Brighton fans.

There was booing directly behind us for the knee being taken, then a bit later a half arsed attempt by the same morons to get a Zaha has Malaria chant going, thankfully they were shouted down quite promptly and didn't try it again. The Zaha party chant is utterly embarrassing.

How the **** do they all get tickets?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not sure if this is the best thread for this but it really just shows how f*cking low they’ll go.

[TWEET]1442624588819714050[/TWEET]

None of our fans have ever chanted about Paul Nixon, and if we did then more than one lone smegma stain would have heard it. So… making up chants about the death of one of your own fans so you can make up a false equivalency with someone who died in a terrorist attack. He probably spent 90 minutes calling an innocent man a sex offender too. Honestly there’s something in the water up there. They need removing from the gene pool.

I am reliably informed by the visiting CPFC fans on this board, that they consider chanting "ooh aah Eric Cantona" a reference to the death of Paul Nixon. It isn't intended that way by any Brighton fan I know, but having read a bit more about it, I can see why it may bring him to mind for some of them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I am reliably informed by the visiting CPFC fans on this board, that they consider chanting "ooh aah Eric Cantona" a reference to the death of Paul Nixon. It isn't intended that way by any Brighton fan I know, but having read a bit more about it, I can see why it may bring him to mind for some of them.

Doubt the majority of Brighton fans had ever heard of Paul Nixon until the Scum started claiming this song was about him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Sounds like deflecting the fact, Cantona attacked Matthew Simmons after a racist comment...

Our fans singing that is nothing more than elevating Cantona to cult status in our eyes, it has nothing to do with Nixon whatsoever, as usual Palace fans are reinventing history, just like the shite on the floor, and they were the first team to beat us at the Amex, complete fabrication of the facts, but hey hoo, dont let facts get in the way of blind hatred and ignorance.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure if this is the best thread for this but it really just shows how f*cking low they’ll go.

[TWEET]1442624588819714050[/TWEET]

None of our fans have ever chanted about Paul Nixon, and if we did then more than one lone smegma stain would have heard it. So… making up chants about the death of one of your own fans so you can make up a false equivalency with someone who died in a terrorist attack. He probably spent 90 minutes calling an innocent man a sex offender too. Honestly there’s something in the water up there. They need removing from the gene pool.

Are you saying that had Robert Eaton been a Palarse fan, a minority of Albions fans wouldn't have made up a song about him?

Of course they would, there are good and bad fans at every club l'm afraid.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
45mins before the game, up the road from Norward Junction, as we got to where you turn left, loads of palace came out of nowhere, hardly any OB. All nearly got nasty some clashes with our lot and them, OB finally came, a couple of us on wrong side of the road which was a bit hairy!

Scummy wa*kers.

Yep. They were hiding behind those police vans at the junction and waiting as Brighton approached the ground. It seemed that they picked on a group of Albion fans who you could tell that while boisterous weren't some firm. I imagine that had two elements of both sets of supports happened to meet then it could have all turned very nasty.

Still, was nice not to be kept in at the end.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Woke my youngest son up, he thanked me for the goal update, er in doors did not...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Our fans are pretty low singing about celebrating when Zaha dies. Can't be doing with that sort of crap.

I agree. It's classless.

And here's an unpopular opinion.

I like Zaha.

I like what he does in the community
I respect his opinions
I like that he gets the rivalry
I love that he is prepared to play the pantomime vilian
And let's face it, had he come through the Albion academy, I'd think he was a great player to have

I also love winding him up.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Sounds like deflecting the fact, Cantona attacked Matthew Simmons after a racist comment...

Our fans singing that is nothing more than elevating Cantona to cult status in our eyes, it has nothing to do with Nixon whatsoever, as usual Palace fans are reinventing history, just like the shite on the floor, and they were the first team to beat us at the Amex, complete fabrication of the facts, but hey hoo, dont let facts get in the way of blind hatred and ignorance.

Why are you elevating Cantona to cult status? Have you really got nothing better? Any reference to him will of course cause upset for Palace fans, who know how the Cantona thing led to Paul Nixons's death after the cup semi final at Villa Park. We were the first team to win a league game at the Amex, there was a dump on the floor. I agree dont let facts get in the way of hatred and ignorance. Take a look at yourselves, and remember the cheers when Glen was injured in the play off semi, the constant abuse for Wilf, which reached a low last night. Come on Billy dont be so blinded by the trolls. You're better than that

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Are you saying that had Robert Eaton been a Palarse fan, a minority of Albions fans wouldn't have made up a song about him?

Of course they would, there are good and bad fans at every club l'm afraid.

I think I’ve had a stroke reading this, no idea what you’re babbling on about or how you’ve came to that frankly bizarre conclusion.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
I agree. It's classless.

And here's an unpopular opinion.

I like Zaha.

I like what he does in the community
I respect his opinions
I like that he gets the rivalry
I love that he is prepared to play the pantomime vilian
And let's face it, had he come through the Albion academy, I'd think he was a great player to have

I also love winding him up.

Brave to say in some regards but ultimately I think I agree. He effing hates us! AS HE SHOULD! They hate Dunk, he hates them back. That's why it works. Players that understand the differences between us and buy in is just so special. It's not a job for 90 minutes twice a year - it's war. You have to respect that Zaha is a hell of a player and raises his game against us. Like our players should but didn't last night.

I'm never going to get behind Zaha and have anything but animosity towards him but christ you have to respect him for what he brings to the scum up the road

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why are you elevating Cantona to cult status? Have you really got nothing better? Any reference to him will of course cause upset for Palace fans, who know how the Cantona thing led to Paul Nixons's death after the cup semi final at Villa Parkt

It is actually Matthew Simmons' fault that it all happened. Hopefully you all have a huge hatred for him?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'd never heard of him and having read a little about it I still don't know why they equate Cantona aiming a kick at a racist to this guys death in Walsall. Clutching at straws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here