Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vote for Lampard Next Manager Newcastle

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Zero chance of that part and sadly not much chance of the first part either. Even if they got relegated, the Saudis are unlikely to walk away and will just buy the success after the temporary setback. Whether it takes 6 months or 6 years, it's inevitable that there's going to be a new face at the top table - that amount of money guarantees it, just like it did for Man City.

I don't know, the supposed sports washing seems to be only affecting a certain section of the North East, if it transpires that their ownership serves only to highlight their abuses in the UK, and increases protests and concerns around arms sales and support to the regime from the UK Government, they may decide it is better to not have a high profile in UK sport.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I don't know, the supposed sports washing seems to be only affecting a certain section of the North East, if it transpires that their ownership serves only to highlight their abuses in the UK, and increases protests and concerns around arms sales and support to the regime from the UK Government, they may decide it is better to not have a high profile in UK sport.

I'd imagine (sadly) that the number of people bothered about the Saudis taking Newcastle over is dwarfed by the number that aren't close enough to it to care. It's a global sport after all - as we all saw from the ESL bo||ocks, the 'legacy' fans are just a small part of the bigger picture that those in power at the big clubs don't really care about.
The halo effect from owning a successful premier league side will have a big influence on the perception of the Saudi state across the World, so moral outrage from a relatively small section of UK society is a price worth paying (I guess that's the idea anyway).

I hope you're right BTW!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arthur Cox should fit in well with this lot, they're all a bunch of cox.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Big Sam !
and his clean sheets
would , ironically , probably , be best choice for them , but
they wouldnt want be be seen dead with a bloke with dirty paws !
Shame , wouldve been
A Super Fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here