Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vinted ( second hand / new clothes )

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just got into Vinted, and wondering what you're experiences were.
I've bought three things, as an old mod, a lovely mohair 3 button suit, chuffed with it ( I know it's second hand ), for £45, Inc vinted charge & postage.
Bought a Gabicci turtle neck ( with new tags ) great, but, funnily enough, the seller has now listed another. So, what's this ' with tags ' all about?
Am I to be Gabicci fleeced frequently?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I've bought three things, as an old mod, a lovely mohair 3 button suit,
read this as “I’ve bought three things, an old mod..” 😂😂😂

Wife has been selling kids old clothes on it - the postage is really simple, send via inpost box etc

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
My missus has a room full of stuff shes getting rid off on there. people make ridiculous offers for items cos they have to pay the postage and try to get it for next to nothing!
Also, she has a room full of stuff shes bought on there.......... :facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Daughters are becoming Vinted entrepreneurs - guess who usually takes the stuff up to the Post Office for them. 😀
That's my role in Mrs Bobkin's Vinted operation, too.

She's made a decent amount of money selling stuff we'd ordinarily give to other people or charity shops.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Your main categories of sellers are:
People actually clearing out their own/families clothes they don't wear/fit.
Shoplifters.
Those effectively running a market stall where the stock is either seconds, off the back of a lorry, or fake.

I managed to buy a waterproof winter jacket from the first category and having field tested in the Dam a definite bargain.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
My youngest has bought decent stuff from there. Some expensive casual jackets at decent prices, seem genuine. As earlier post a waterproof coat tested successfully in Amsterdam. More likely to be genuine for kids wear I guess as they grow out of clothes so quickly.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A lot of the new with tags stuff is either shoplifted or fake. Fakes usually bigger brands.

A friend of a friend is a screen printer and buys old T-shirts at charity shops/boot sales etc and screen prints old band logos on them then passes them off as vintage. Doesn’t sell them for silly money but enough to make it worth his while.

That said Vinted is great, can get some cash for clothes you’d have given away or buy some clothes you like for cheap while helping environment by reusing clothes.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
It’s great. We sold a load of stuff we didn’t want and got £500 we put towards a holiday. As long as you’re prepared to do lots of wrapping up and taking cheap offers. I’m you’re buying then, again I think it’s great. Put an offer in every time. Love Vinted.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
I've just consulted with my daughter who uses Vinted all the time - 'with tags' is supposed to be used when the item is new and unworn, but in many cases means it's either stolen or counterfeit (or both!)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Made about £1200 this year from selling old clothes. Usually get about 30-50% of original cost back for very good condition designer stuff

The integrated shipping / InPost stuff is really cool. Also had no problems when a £100 jumper went ‘missing’ with Evri, I got the money, buyer got refunded

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
No one would ever buy my old clothes. A work colleague is better dressed and less tight than me and recently lost weight, so sold gear that no longer fitted him.

I hate buying clothes, stear clear of full price stuff and always get full wear from them when I do buy.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Just got into Vinted, and wondering what you're experiences were.
I've bought three things, as an old mod, a lovely mohair 3 button suit, chuffed with it ( I know it's second hand ), for £45, Inc vinted charge & postage.
Bought a Gabicci turtle neck ( with new tags ) great, but, funnily enough, the seller has now listed another. So, what's this ' with tags ' all about?
Am I to be Gabicci fleeced frequently?
Listed another with the same pics? If so then you likely got a fake item and you should report it. You'll likely get a refund from Vinted and be able to keep the fake item too

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My mate has started selling his old stuff on there & swears by it.
He has always bought expensive clothing & shoes, but then barely wears them - and some of the gear hes selling is a real bargain compared to what he paid.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I'll add that Vinted is quite good for sellers as you do not pay a selling fee or postage, the buyer does.

However buying isn't the best as if you're not happy with an item's condition then you're supposed to be the one who pays return postage which is a joke

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I use ebay or vinted for my jeans, I like Levis but don't want to pay full price, so I buy second hand ones for about £15 including postage and I get the style and size I want. Once washed they are fine, I get to wear jeans that cost over £100 new.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My eldest daughter swears by it for clothes for my grandson. He's 2½ but in 3-4s so hardly gets to wear anything before he's grown out of it.

Wife's bought some stuff on there and loves it too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here