Vintage Video: New Year's Day 1983 - Brighton v Watford (16 minutes)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brighton v Watford 1982/83 - YouTube

Wasn't so long ago, was it?

Anyone here go to this game at the Goldstone? Can't have been that confident with Watford riding high in the League and having thrashed the Seagulls 4-1 at Vicarage Road.

Thanks to [MENTION=15769]He Shot He Scored[/MENTION] for supplying the video.

Also, some questions: Were Watford really a hoofball side? They had some very fast, skilful wingers in John Barnes and Nigel Callaghan. Surely they weren't as much of a long ball side as people make out?

For more vintage Albion footage, please visit my website Seagulls TV - The Albion Retro Site

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Brighton v Watford 1982/83 - YouTube

Wasn't so long ago, was it?

Anyone here go to this game at the Goldstone? Can't have been that confident with Watford riding high in the League and having thrashed the Seagulls 4-1 at Vicarage Road.

Thanks to [MENTION=15769]He Shot He Scored[/MENTION] for supplying the video.

Also, some questions: Were Watford really a hoofball side? They had some very fast, skilful wingers in John Barnes and Nigel Callaghan. Surely they weren't as much of a long ball side as people make out?

For more vintage Albion footage, please visit my website Seagulls TV - The Albion Retro Site
Farah slacks :wink:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was at that game but can't remember anything about it apart from Wardy's goal. I also went to the away game and we were truly awful that day.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Watching that I couldn't get used to all the back passes the keepers picked up; kept on expecting them to belt it upfield!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

D

Deleted User X18H

I was there. All I remember was the Robbo head butt. It was all over the back pages the next day. How little did we know what was just around the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports