Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vintage Albion Kit

mcadamja

Sep 27, 2016
Hey,
Someone donated a bag of clothes to my school and this was inside. Anyone recognise any of the scribbles on it? What year it's from? It's longsleeve if that helps...

10514736-CA08-4AE5-BCB8-ED23AA75E600.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It's the 2006/07, 2007/08 shirt

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've got the centenary kit, framed and signed by the promotion winning team.
If that's vintage then I might pop along to the antiques roadshow with mine.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's only 15 years or so old, and the OP is calling it vintage, so a shirt dating back to the 1980's what would he term that as? an ancient artifact perhaps!

Unusual that it is long sleeved though, replica shirts were generally short sleeved.
Perhaps Aloy left it for him?

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Looking at the inside of the collar, I would hazard a guess it's a player worn shirt. Doesn't look like the cheapo polyester replica shirts we've all got.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hey,
Someone donated a bag of clothes to my school and this was inside. Anyone recognise any of the scribbles on it? What year it's from? It's longsleeve if that helps...

View attachment 163090
Squads from the seasons we had this kit, some of the players put their squad number next to their signature.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpeg
    IMG_1246.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
A quick Google suggests "vintage" means 20years old or older, albeit that feels entirely arbitrary.
I think a lot of the responses say more about how old the posters are than the shirt. :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Looking at the inside of the collar, I would hazard a guess it's a player worn shirt. Doesn't look like the cheapo polyester replica shirts we've all got.
There was no difference between the replica and player shirts with Errea.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What is the oldest know Albion shirt
@Superphil will know, if anyone does.

My guess is, the Bukta shirts, made from a coarser variant of nuclear resistant plastic designed as whale netting, will outlast all of us. Before that everything was just wool or cotton. Cashmere if you were top 6 maybe!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
@Superphil will know, if anyone does.

My guess is, the Bukta shirts, made from a coarser variant of nuclear resistant plastic designed as whale netting, will outlast all of us. Before that everything was just wool or cotton. Cashmere if you were top 6 maybe!
The oldest one on my site is Wardys debut Umbro shirt from 1976, along with his home shirt from the same season. He sent me the photos, so I know they are genuine.

brighton-and-hove-albion-away-football-shirt-1975-1977-s_20155_1.jpg
brighton-and-hove-albion-home-football-shirt-1976-1977-s_20141_1.jpg

But there is also a shirt on my site, which is said to be from 1971, a Bukta shirt sold as a replica, and still in it's bag, price £5.50. We did have Bukta as supplier then, so it could well be.

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-football-shirt-1971-1972-s_7274_2.jpg

I've not been to the club museum yet, from the photos I've seen I can't spot any shirts older than the FA Cup final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here