Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] villa fans view on our team for sunday

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Whilst I accept that Kane is a cheat, wasn't it the refereee and his multitude of inept backroom team in VAR helping him as well .

I don't look upon Spurs as such, as cheats. Of all the three teams vying for the last Euro slot......really hope it isn't Villa. Horrible proper cheats with their timewasting antics. I also really hope it isn't Brentford either. Their knowing support of Toney was pretty disgusting. They have climbed the greasy pole of the Premier League with a player who should have been banned months ago.

Suits me for Tottenham to get the last place. They don't really want it ( tough titties ). It will derail an attempt to get back into the top six as well.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20230527-WA0000.jpg

Who has watched Dunk over the years and surmised he's lacking in terms of ability on the ball and distribution?

I guess it's partly due to the fact that many people were introduced to him as part of the blocking and kicking twosome alongside Duffy under Hughton.

However, I think this prejudice is mostly based on factors outside the field of play. Number 1 that he plays for team outside the traditional heavy hitters. Number 2 his physique and Englishness. Number 3 the onomatopoeic clunkiness of his surname.

Luis Dunkinho would've been far more respected.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Would hate to see the Villa fans celebrating at the end of the game while we cheer the Albion off. So hope its on a knife edge all through the game and then they have to suffer 10 mins of extra time in the other games to keep them in suspense and enable us to get away

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Villa and Spurs both missing out is way better. Hope we smash them and Brentford nick it.
I certainly don’t wish Brentford get in Europe Not next season anyway, they are only where they are based on two things firstly running an IT version based on TB’s star lizard platform and secondly without Ivan Tony they would not be where they are in the league and I hate pepole who cheat

Reactions: cjd

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I certainly don’t wish Brentford get in Europe Not next season anyway, they are only where they are based on two things firstly running an IT version based on TB’s star lizard platform and secondly without Ivan Tony they would not be where they are in the league and I hate pepole who cheat
Or maybe he's got a gambling problem and needs support? Horrible, horrible addiction.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
View attachment 161405

Who has watched Dunk over the years and surmised he's lacking in terms of ability on the ball and distribution?

I guess it's partly due to the fact that many people were introduced to him as part of the blocking and kicking twosome alongside Duffy under Hughton.

However, I think this prejudice is mostly based on factors outside the field of play. Number 1 that he plays for team outside the traditional heavy hitters. Number 2 his physique and Englishness. Number 3 the onomatopoeic clunkiness of his surname.

Luis Dunkinho would've been far more respected.
Exactly! Having often been in the family stand early at Withdean and watching the players warm up, even back then, Dunk's ability on the ball in tight spaces was especially evident. He was always a joy to watch in those little SSG warm ups.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't get this really,.... very few non Leeds fans would wish them success,..... they are the most bigoted and entitled bunch of thugs ever to grace the football pyramid, long may they decline and Elland Road deteriorate into a doss house for the W Yorkshire homeless.
There is that, you're not wrong, but the levels of entitlement shown by Everton fans this season has been staggering! I can see why anyone would especially want them to go down as a result over anyone else now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
LOL....I was there at "that" game. Same as I have been since 1964. I don't need you to remind me of history.
You to retract your statement of the wrong facts then. 😊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If we play too many kids, is there are a risk of an EPL inquiry and points deduction, given the importance of the game? How would we feel if we were in Spurs/Brentford's situation?

I think we'll play a strongish team, play the same way as ever, Villa will sit back and play the Emery way and try and do us on the break.

Ideal outcome: We win, Leeds beat Spurs (or draw), Brentford beat City, Leicester win, Everton lose (or draw). Brentford in Europe, Leeds and Everton relegated.
Just like Saints v Spurs in '78

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Would love Leeds to go down due to pretty much everything about their entitled Europe winning (but not) club and also their Neanderthal, scruffiest fans in England trophy.

Everton would be my next choice, hilarious to see them start life in the championship in their new shiny ground. Entitlement beyond belief from a club that has done little but tread water in the premier league for the last 5000 years.

Leicester? Couldn’t really give two shits about them but are a better club than the 2 above.

Please let Leeds and Everton be the two that drop.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Firstly when the team was announced Wednesday especially when the City team was also announced most of us would have been really surprised. US putting out youngsters is what we do.

Secondly worrying about what Spurs, the cheating fuckwits, will be the very last thought on my mind.
He probably only jumped on the bandwagon after Bobby Smith signed for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here