Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] VAR Replays

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Why can’t we have VAR replays in the stadium? We have all paid to be there so why are the replays only available to those watching on TV? The replays would not have caused anymore crowd trouble than without yesterday and everyone was incensed anyway. It just baffles me that most of the time we have no idea what’s going on.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Why can’t we have VAR replays in the stadium? We have all paid to be there so why are the replays on available to those watching on TV? The replays would not have caused anymore crowd trouble than without yesterday and everyone was incensed anyway. It just baffles me that most of the time we have no idea what’s going on.
Yep, it also drives me mad(der) that the only people who can hear the conversation between the officials are the sodding commentators. Imagine us plebs who actually pay to go being allowed to listen in. Scandalous.

SlickHenry

Apr 10, 2020
I think that really wouldn't work and could cause more problems at the ground. I also wouldn't want to pay to see VAR!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why can’t we have VAR replays in the stadium? We have all paid to be there so why are the replays only available to those watching on TV? The replays would not have caused anymore crowd trouble than without yesterday and everyone was incensed anyway. It just baffles me that most of the time we have no idea what’s going on.
Apart from the two ‘handballs’ there weren’t any.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
There was talk of VAR replays being shown but because not all clubs have screens in the stadium (Man Utd for one) it was not going to happen. I think there was also the suggestion fans could kick off if VAR cocks up, which lets face it, it does far too often.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
They took away the replays so the crowds could no longer see the mistakes or contentious decisions being made. Cant get mad about something if you cant see it seems the logic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here