Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR news

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can we please have our goal excitement back? I care not if the decision is flawed, so is the alternative. Plus the game is now 1,284 minutes long per match with all the fannying around. It can even end, and still the result isn’t known yet as we well know.

Var is f@£&%*!# rubbish. Always will be. Those that decided to bring it in and now won’t scrap it should be made to face a firing squad. And pay for the bullets. And accommodation for the soldiers. And their children should be sold into slavery. And their pets made into soup. And And And…JUST GET RID OF IT!!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Off side lines should only be drawn from the position of a players feet.
maybe, would at least bring consistency (but what about when foot cant be seen?). the major problem in recent games has been the stupidity of being "active" or not. for tech to work it needs to keep it simple, and rules right now are near arbitary.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Agree Much clearer if like other sports whole of feet have to be behind line
In cricket the line belongs to the umpire , but i like Souness` idea best of all the new ones , it`s offside if there is a gap between the forward and defender when the pass is made .

Jul 7, 2003
In cricket the line belongs to the umpire , but i like Souness` idea best of all the new ones , it`s offside if there is a gap between the forward and defender when the pass is made .
I like this or, along similar lines, if any part of the forward is onside then they are given the benefit so that it doesn't penalise the attacker.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This actually completely turned around public perception of DRS in cricket when they did that. That and putting it on the screens.
Yeah but in cricket your hear the whole discussion (which is great - Rugby is very similar). All they are doing here is communicating the final decision, so Mr Magoo will still be in front of the screen watching multiple replays and you won’t know why.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yeah but in cricket your hear the whole discussion (which is great - Rugby is very similar). All they are doing here is communicating the final decision, so Mr Magoo will still be in front of the screen watching multiple replays and you won’t know why.
Yes - we should hear the whole discussion:
  • 'Looks like offside there'
  • 'Yes it does'
  • 'Should I give it offside then'
  • Hang on - this is Man Utd - can't give them offside. Goal stands'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here