Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ooooh Grealish has a chance there to thump the tackler. ...bottled it

Damn!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
So funny, Villa fans ole’ing as Villa actually string a few passes together.....City nick the ball......bang! SIX nil [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
City play no hopeful balls and apart from set plays never cross the ball in air. Just a different game

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
VAR will ultimately destroy the game - the next thing that we will see is ad slots during VAR reviews.

[SUB][/SUB]

Don't joke about this. Apparently it is already being considered by the commercial networks.

If this did happen then I for one would give up watching live footy on TV and just rely on edited highlights on Saturday and Sunday nights.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just caught up here, watched only the second half of the match and noticed how the City fans celebrated more when Villa took the KO after the goals.

Jimmy Grimble

The VAR kick off cheering is just a piss take - I’m sure they’re still celebrating every goal normally!

This. They still celebrated every goal like normal then added the ‘ooooohhhh’ for the VAR checks just before Villa restarted the game.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
FFS why did they bother with a VAR check for the Villa penalty? You could not get more mailed on and referee in good position to call it as such. In context of game means squat but just further proof of the farce we are seeing :+

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m sure Triggggger will be along shortly to dissect this post in to 27 different quotes so he can fully explain how VAR is brilliant and doesn’t ruin goal celebrations.

[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] wouldn't waste his time ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yawn.

Nothing wrong with VAR.

Problem is the rules and the officials.

1. Linos now flagging dubious offsides instead of waiting to see if a goal is scored. If the flagged offside was onside, it is a **** up. Wait, FFS, then VAR check if a goal is scored. Not rocket science.

2. We need clear blue daylight for offside; that avoids checking if a player's shoulder is fore or aft the opponent's dick. FFS.

I am soooooo bored with this :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wrong:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yawn.

Nothing wrong with VAR.

1. Linos now flagging dubious offsides instead of waiting to see if a goal is scored. If the flagged offside was onside, it is a **** up. Wait, FFS, then VAR check if a goal is scored. Not rocket science.

2. We need clear blue daylight for offside; that avoids checking if a players shoulder is fore or aft the opponent's dick. FFS.

I am soooooo bored with this :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wrong:

You ok petal :whistle:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hahaha f*** Villlllllaaaaaaa!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hahaha f*** Villlllllaaaaaaa!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Is the right answer.

Drinklager contributed well to one goal.

Grealish was exposed for what he is - a low-rent Zaha, too slow to realise an opportunity to dive. :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is the right answer.

Drinklager contributed well to one goal.

Grealish was exposed for what he is - a low-rent Zaha, too slow to realise an opportunity to dive. :shrug:

If he puts in similar effort on Saturday as he did today I’ll be happy

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yawn.

Nothing wrong with VAR.

2. We need clear blue daylight for offside; that avoids checking if a player's shoulder is fore or aft the opponent's dick. FFS.

You are so right.
It's the PL blazers interpretation of VAR that is causing the problem as usual.
Not looking at the screen, barmy.
A toenail off side, ridiculous.
Sorting out the rules of football that slow, bent, blind officials could not clearly see a clear offence ( or an obscured view) brilliant.
It needs a major tweak and speeding up.
Did anyone moan after VAR at the world cup, no because it was done properly and worked.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Another VAR decision about the goal giving Man City fans ages to wait for decision.

#fansagainstVAR

It’s probably been mentioned on here...but the VAR decisions for the WHU goal against Sheffield United was scandalous....how they thought that handball was deliberate defies logic.

BTW. 5-0 now....dunk should be watching this as Mings is having a mare...hopefully the england manager is also watching
The West Ham 'goal against Sheffield Utd was rightly disallowed. Nobody thought the handball was deliberate, but Rice inadvertently controlled the ball with his arm which led to the goal.

VAR or not, that's against the rules and clearly would have been unfair on Sheff Utd. As I said on another thread, I would be furious if that goal had been allowed and took points from the Albion.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It does seem that some people are forgetting that with the West Ham goal the real villain is the new rubbish hand ball law which is only facilitated by the application of VAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here