Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

papachris

I think @Surf's Up was being humerus. We occasionally see Pep with his arm round the shoulders of a opposition young player who has done well. :wink:
I think Pep is a decent bloke and just giving a well done to a young guy from the opposition following his first start in the Premier League

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Someone may have mentioned this, but Hinshelwood had a pretty challenging debut (that walloping at Villa), then a rather dodgy start in the match at Forest….but he has class, and a great football brain - despite his age. I’m pretty sure Barco has the same attributes. We could easily see them at LB and RB next season (although Jack should probably play further forward).
Three at the back with the pair of them pushing on :smile:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was USELESS. Couldn't even mange this... (despite throwing his arms about, and sliding into a few rash tackles).

barco.jpg

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Was probably the best player tonight.

f*** knows where Igor was for their fourth, considering it looked like he had gone in at LB and Barco had pushed on.
I have observed Igor several times this season and he has a disastous and disturbing history of going missing at left back. Definitely needs some coaching on positional sense.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst I appreciate many on here giving good reviews to a young player making his full debut I thought he was very poor. I think his main position is FB and his defending was poor. Also read he was outstanding going forward attacking FB and didnt see evidence of that. . Early days

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Whilst I appreciate many on here giving good reviews to a young player making his full debut I thought he was very poor. I think his main position is FB and his defending was poor. Also read he was outstanding going forward attacking FB and didnt see evidence of that. . Early days
RDZ doesn’t agree

“It was Valentin’s first game and he was the best player in the pitch but he made mistakes for two goals. The young players playing with this bravery will be a crucial part of the future for Brighton.”

In other words - We have to give these young lads opportunity to play - of course they will make mistakes - that’s the learning curve but playing matches is the only way they learn. People criticising youngsters like Barco or criticising RDZ for playing them need to see the long term development plan of the Club imo. It is not all about the now. They also need to appreciate the raw talent that players like Barco and Baleba possess.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not saying you do, but I think some are thinking this guy is much further along in his development than he actually is and so are expecting more from him. He finished his time at Boca on a high, but only made 23 appearances in total for them, some from the bench, and is only 19. He wouldnt have played if Estupinan was fit. Give him time.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Was probably the best player tonight.

f*** knows where Igor was for their fourth, considering it looked like he had gone in at LB and Barco had pushed on.
Yeah 🤦🏼‍♂️but we do things like that, it's crazy! Igor way up the pitch, sometimes JPVH way way up the pitch pressing a city player on the edge of their box 🤷🏼‍♂️ crazy tactics.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Barco and Hinchelwood - two youngsters with a penchant for playing with their socks rolled down - what's not to like!!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I thought he did ok. Hard to judge a game v city when so many other players who may start were not available. I liked his corners they beat the first man which is an improvement on almost anyone. Hit flat and with pace. Defensively he was ok, body position wise he gets what he needs to do block passes going certain ways and made some decent tackles.
Switched off with ball in behind for first goal but I watched city do this to the best teams in the world every week.
3rd goal partial to blame. Think communication needed to be better all round there. Balaba was the player despite being on the edge of the box who had the space to turn and go forward. He wasn’t aware of it no one told him and the ball back to Barco left him very isolated and the only ball forward here was Baleba again but now being closed in by 4/5 players.
In warm up he was pinging those shots in top corner every hit. Give that a few weeks he will be clearing the netting like the rest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here