Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Utterly obscene

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If the Saudi take over happens which, lets face it, will happen because the FA have no guts to deny them then I will be boycotting any Albion v Newcastle match. Killing political rivals and journalists, zero human or equal rights and a cynical attempt at Sportswashing their reputation is a red line for me and I won't have anything to do with it.
As much as I think the FA, PL and EFL do a shocking job at who they let run clubs I think they could make a valid point about if the Saudis are so bad we should probably stop selling them arms first.

But if they took over the Albion I wouldn't even look for our score anymore until they left

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
As much as I think the FA, PL and EFL do a shocking job at who they let run clubs I think they could make a valid point about if the Saudis are so bad we should probably stop selling them arms first.

But if they took over the Albion I wouldn't even look for our score anymore until they left

This is a good point , and one that will probably stop pundits like Shearer, (should he want to) raise any concerns about the Saudi ownership ,
The BBC would probably not allow any criticism of SA govt ,to avoid upsetting the Foreign Office

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is a good point , and one that will probably stop pundits like Shearer, (should he want to) raise any concerns about the Saudi ownership ,
The BBC would probably not allow any criticism of SA govt ,to avoid upsetting the Foreign Office

Even if he doesn’t admit it, Shearer will be elated if Newcastle become another ManC.

Football doesn’t do ethics.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I dunno, Brighton being the new Man City and thrashing most teams every week, trophies and all the media coverage. Tricky one juggling that with a moral conscious.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I dunno, Brighton being the new Man City and thrashing most teams every week, trophies and all the media coverage. Tricky one juggling that with a moral conscious.

Is winning games of Football really so important that people are willing to rubber stamp the murder and execution of their fellow human beings?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It'd be interesting to really know what we'd do if they came to The Albion with all their millions. On the face of it it'd be easy to say "I'd be off to watch Arundel, Southwick, Shoreham etc" but would we really? Or would we enjoy us beating the likes of Pilarse by ease, winning a trophy at Wembley, travelling to Baku to see us win 0 - 2 in Europe, watching the best that the World can provide scoring for our team, buying last years top scorer, and being first on MotD. I'd still like to think it'd be the end of my Albion supporting days but I'm not sure, when it came to it, it would be. UTA!
You may or may not enjoy it. But let's suppose you let your guard down and go with the flow, exultant over palace as we win the league, fa cup and European cup for the third time. Deep down, like every real grown up man city fan, you would know that your club was a fraud, the trophies won were hollow but that worse of all you were a fake and all those victories and achievements were meaningless.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
...and not to mention the constant controversies , was he ? , wasnt he ? did he mean to do it ? , Martin Atkinson ,..Jon Moss, Lee Mason,. The Complete And Utter Shyster.. Stupid Linos, VAR , Moronic chants and chanting , dirty rotten cheats...gobshites ... .its the game we love man !..lol

Not to mention the true and honest men at FIFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I have business dealings with a life long City fan and have talked football with him for 30 years. He was a fanatical fan, even when City were in Division 3. He lost interest very quickly when the current regime arrived and never goes any more as he thinks the heart has been ripped out of his club. As you say it would be an interesting scenario should we be taken over in the same way and who knows how we would all react :shrug:

It’s very easy to say you’d walk away...but would you? One thing is certain the club would not have any problem replacing long term fans who walked away.

For every one genuine fan that walk away ten JCLs would take their place.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Hypothetically if Newcastle fans were to start a campaign against the Crown Princes involvement the same crown prince who has an undercover hit squad willing to commit murder, I wonder if the Geordies might think twice before any foreign travel

Geordies don’t normally make it past Ibiza

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here