Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Usain Bolt Drug Cheat??

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sling enough mud and people will start to believe it, the usual technique to try and discredit someone without having anything to substantiate a genuine claim.

In this era of social media, start a rumour and then millions pick it up and all of a sudden it's true. As has been said, 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'.

If someone else says 'I think Bolt cheated' you should be asking for proof/evidence, not just sitting back thinking....well others have cheated so I'll not question the claim.
anyway how is that meth lab doing I heard you had in the garden shed. (I have no evidence of this and just made it up, or did I).

As it happens, there are 120 houses on my street. 85 of them have sheds, and 51 of said sheds are owned by unassuming men that are as unremarkable as Walter White, myself included (I have 2 sheds, does this increase suspicion/likelihood?). I'm not aware that any of my neighbours has been accused of or convicted for cooking meth, but that doesn't mean they are not doing it. It's up to you whether you believe my claim, but I do have 2 sheds.......

Schrodinger's Meth Lab?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would soften this a bit by suggesting he had more in common with fellow cheats than you are allowing for. He was an outlier only by his innovation. He was as influenced by the culture of the sport as any of the others.

I cover that in the bottom line.
But saying well I understand his motives and 'everyone else is doing it' is somewhat disingenuous.

Armstrong spent his entire career mastering and masking his PED involvement.
He actively sort to ruin anyone who questioned him.
He ruined careers of people who stood against him.
He went from 'normal' steroid abuse through to a sophisticated regime of blood doping.

With Armstrong i went from 'this is unbelievable, I love it' right through to 'this is unbelievable, I hate it'.

Unlike Armstrong, with Bolt I have no desire for him to be 'caught'.
I would be sad if history takes that turn, but as said above my belief of innocence v guilt is something like 60/40 so it's difficult for me to die on the hill of Bolt's innocence.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I cover that in the bottom line.
But saying well I understand his motives and 'everyone else is doing it' is somewhat disingenuous.

Armstrong spent his entire career mastering and masking his PED involvement.
He actively sort to ruin anyone who questioned him.
He ruined careers of people who stood against him.
He went from 'normal' steroid abuse through to a sophisticated regime of blood doping.

With Armstrong i went from 'this is unbelievable, I love it' right through to 'this is unbelievable, I hate it'.

Unlike Armstrong, with Bolt I have no desire for him to be 'caught'.
I would be sad if history takes that turn, but as said above my belief of innocence v guilt is something like 60/40 so it's difficult for me to die on the hill of Bolt's innocence.

Your ambivalence stretches to all things but Armstrong.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If everyone was allowed to take PED's at least we would be able to see who is the best on a level playing field.
I realise long term health issues would mean this is not the best way forward, and hope that drug screening can be 100% effective in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here