Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent please help stop my photographer and his wife being deported

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My staff photographer Craig Colville is a good friend. He was born in Wales to a Welsh mother and English father. He grew up in Wales, did an economics degree in Wales and now lives in England. Last year he married his Canadian sweetheart Crystal and they are settled in Chester.
But when Crystal tried to update her visa to married status she was told by the Home Secretary Theresa May that Craig is NOT a British citizen. It was an obvious bureacratic blunder, but rather than correct it they timed out the couple's appeal and they have now been told to leave the country.
Please join the facebook group Support the Colvilles as we try to put pressure on the Home Secretary.
Needless to say Craig and Crystal are going through a nightmare at the moment and as Craig says: "Where will they deport me to?"
Full details on facebook.
Thanks
OTLW

I callBullshit on this. There will be more to this story than is said here. If there is an ounce of truth to this tell your mate to get a solicitor and get it sorted in oh, say ten minutes in a hearing and not start attention seeking on FB. Utter bobbins.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So you can stumble through the Channel Tunnel, claim that if you go back home you'll get killed and you get a house and benefits.

You marry someone from another country and they want you out, even though you've lived in Britain all/most your life.

Unreal.

No. You can't . Stop being a prick.

It made the Chris Evans show on R2 this morning if that helps? Looking at the "facts" as featured in the Mail it would appear to be an enormous administrative cock up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Get them to do a video on YouTube. Would be quicker to raise awareness.

Or just ask them politely to shut the **** up and put a halt to this non-story. I would put a fair bet on his wife being lined up for deportation for a legit reason and they think if they make a big enough fuss about him, ie make out he is being derported, HE IS NOT, then the country will get behind his wife and try to keep her here. This whole thing reeks of bullshit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After yesterday's budget being deported from the UK looks a nice option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brtiain's gone to the dogs anyway, he should be pleased to be out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A photographer for a local rag? No real loss, get him shifted and get an Indian Doctor in instead.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Pedant alert:

UKBA - DO NOT - deport people they administratively remove them. You only get deported if you are a criminal and have a deportation order served on you at court or by the Judge's reccommendation. You are then barred from coming back to the UK for 10 years and if you do you will serve jail time for entering in breach of that deportation order.

Thank you

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
All the very best my friend. I've looked it up on facebook and other stories on the net.
But a couple of things don't fit into place. It states that Craig “does not hold settled status". How long was he on the cruise liners and did he opt out of British Citizenship at some time (may be unknowingly for tax reasons)? But it does look like nothing more than they are both being easy pickings and needs to be on the TV news with face to face talks with someone high in government. Have you been to see your local MP?

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I callBullshit on this. There will be more to this story than is said here. If there is an ounce of truth to this tell your mate to get a solicitor and get it sorted in oh, say ten minutes in a hearing and not start attention seeking on FB. Utter bobbins.

I think OTLW should set out the full facts of the case in plain English, trying not to use tabloid style attention getting phases like deported etc

Is he a British citizen, I thought he was?
Has being out of the country changed his status in somewhere - and if so what impact does this have? Certainly does for taxation, but what else?

He's a journalist so you would think he could set it down, straight and simple?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I think OTLW should set out the full facts of the case in plain English, trying not to use tabloid style attention getting phases like deported etc

Is he a British citizen, I thought he was?
Has being out of the country changed his status in somewhere - and if so what impact does this have? Certainly does for taxation, but what else?

He's a journalist so you would think he could set it down, straight and simple?

He's a journalist. He'll wrap it up in lies, bullshit and opinion, all lovingly decorated with a lot of agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here