Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

University Research on the Qatar World Cup

theacademic

Jun 14, 2010
Dear All,

Happy new year. I am involved in a university research project looking at the recent World Cup in Qatar and whether this was a highly unusual tournament, unlikely to be repeated, or the start of future World Cups loaded with political and social issues. To answer this, we have created a short survey that I hope you can spare a few minutes to share your views:

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-qatar-world-cup-and-the-new-politics-of-sport

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good luck with your study.

I filled this in. I recommend you try and get plenty of Brighton fans to respond.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Done 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too many of the questions are 'leading' or poor. The alcohol question is leading. It could easily have been 'it was hot in Qatar and the football was good. Do you think all football should be played when it is hot? '. The Wenger question is poor. Of course players need to focus on the game when they are playing, but nobody suggests that in their own time they can't follow their own issues. And this invites one to grasp the Rashford-beating stick and claim he became shit when he started getting involved in politics, and now he has shut up about that (he hasn't, by the way) he's scoring again.

I have a suspicion this is a false flag survey, and it is really about evaluating how much of the football audience is gammon.

And I say that as one to another @theacademic

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Too many of the questions are 'leading' or poor. The alcohol question is leading. It could easily have been 'it was hot in Qatar and the football was good. Do you think all football should be played when it is hot? '. The Wenger question is poor. Of course players need to focus on the game when they are playing, but nobody suggests that in their own time they can't follow their own issues. And this invites one to grasp the Rashford-beating stick and claim he became shit when he started getting involved in politics, and now he has shut up about that (he hasn't, by the way) he's scoring again.

I have a suspicion this is a false flag survey, and it is really about evaluating how much of the football audience is gammon.

And I say that as one to another @theacademic
77% of "fans" voted the QATAR WC the best ever........ffs...course they did......"gammon" :facepalm:

did this thread start out in the pit or was it moved there by one of the uber lords.

we will go from a medieval culture to one of the most unrestricted cultures in 4 years when Canada , America and Mexico host , i have no doubt that , upon it's completion,that tournament will be voted the best ever.

unfortunately it looks like football ( and sport generally) and politics are to be infused to the point that the average spectator won't even realise they are being manipulated/indoctrinated.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
77% of "fans" voted the QATAR WC the best ever........ffs...course they did......"gammon" :facepalm:

did this thread start out in the pit or was it moved there by one of the uber lords.

we will go from a medieval culture to one of the most unrestricted cultures in 4 years when Canada , America and Mexico host , i have no doubt that , upon it's completion,that tournament will be voted the best ever.

unfortunately it looks like football ( and sport generally) and politics are to be infused to the point that the average spectator won't even realise they are being manipulated/indoctrinated.
Morning, squire.

All these 'help me with my homework' threads go into the pit.

Everything is and always has been 'politics'. Fooball was once a celebration of a monoculture. Now it isn't. This has no impact on me, but it may have impact on others. But it is football so it isn't going to affect the food on one's table, and that.

Happy New Year (y)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Morning, squire.

All these 'help me with my homework' threads go into the pit.

Everything is and always has been 'politics'. Fooball was once a celebration of a monoculture. Now it isn't. This has no impact on me, but it may have impact on others. But it is football so it isn't going to affect the food on one's table, and that.

Happy New Year (y)
HNY Boss....:wink:

daneferrari

Apr 26, 2023
Dear All,

Happy new year. I am involved in a university research project looking at the recent World Cup in Qatar and whether this was a highly unusual tournament, unlikely to be repeated, or the start of future World Cups loaded with political and social issues. To answer this, we have created a short survey that I hope you can spare a few minutes to share your views:

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-qatar-world-cup-and-the-new-politics-of-sport

Thanks in advance for your time.
Why it closed? :(
Is your research over? I would like to know how

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here