Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uncollected tickets

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Apologies if this has been discussed before.....

Are the club planning to do anything to assist fans travelling to the european games without tickets by re-distributing any uncollected tickets at the end of the collection window?

I understand there were around 100 no shows for Marseille. I personally know two people who didn't make it (both for genuine reasons).

Appreciate logistically it may be difficult (taking payment, re-assigning tickets etc) but I'm sure it could be do-able. The England model works pretty well IMO. You register for a return and then they order that list by loyalty points and then they call/email those people giving them 15-30 minutes to come and get their ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club have asked people who can not travel to let them know as early as possible, in order that...

- Tickets can be re-sold
- The buyer does not receive a punishment for being a no-show

I'm not sure they'd want to say "any tickets left three hours before kick-off can be sold to others" since it would see people to travel without tickets, and in hope, and I can't imagine they'd want to encourage that.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The club have asked people who can not travel to let them know as early as possible, in order that...

- Tickets can be re-sold

I'm not sure they'd want to say "any tickets left three hours before kick-off can be sold to others" since it would see people to travel without tickets, and in hope, and I can't imagine they'd want to encourage that.
But people will and I would suggest there is a strong possibility they'll try and obtain tickets in the home end (discussion about it for Ajax on a thread today). Which is worse?

Ajax is likely to be several hundred people without tickets (at least 3 in our group) so they are never going to be able to cater for everyone but if there are a hundred uncollected ticket surely it is better they are reallocated than go to waste?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm going to Athens with or without a ticket so would support redistribution, but I do recognise it's logistical challenge (so prbs won't happen).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

- Tickets can be re-sold

Wait - what?

The club will punish people for not collecting their ticket? WTF?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wait - what?

The club will punish people for not collecting their ticket? WTF?

From the email about Marseille ticket collection:

“Fans who don’t collect tickets may face sanctions, including being unable to buy future away matches.”

Though does say contact them if you can’t go. Assume that’s so ticket point staff aren’t left waiting indefinitely just in case people are running late.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From the email about Marseille ticket collection:

“Fans who don’t collect tickets may face sanctions, including being unable to buy future away matches.”

Though does say contact them if you can’t go. Assume that’s so ticket point staff aren’t left waiting indefinitely just in case people are running late.
Is that only for the European matches then, or for all away games?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is that only for the European matches then, or for all away games?

That was specifically for the Europa aways. I’ve never been selected to collect tickets for domestic away so don’t know about them!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How do you go about that then? If the collection point is open for those without tickets then those that did buy but have been held up still need to be allowed to collect. You only have to look at Marseille and if tickets had been redistributed then those on TB's plane would have had a wasted trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here