Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] UK economy shrinks in April

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would love it in France but circumstances since 2016 have stopped that dead. I can’t do one, as you so eloquently put it.

This is my favourite thing about the people who say something akin to “why don’t you go to Europe if it’s so great” when they LITERALLY voted to make that a whole lot harder. It’s almost perfection in stupidity.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One idea would be to get rid of the doomsters and gloomster.
Surely most of them must have had enough of the UK by now, since we democratically severed the link with those across the border.
I am sure they would love it in France.

Another idea would to be to stop the liberal sandal wearing teachers, from using school and colleges as ideology brain washing sessions.
Poor kids come out thinking they can solve the world by screaming, and gluing themselves to planes and tarmac.

Replace these with forward thinking positive and can do attitude mentors.

Summary:
1) Back the UK or do one
2) Ban super glue and beardos and weirdos.
Might has well consor all the 'doom and gloom' out of the papers and go fully 1984/North Korea.

Easier to fix the news than the economy.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
One idea would be to get rid of the doomsters and gloomster.
Surely most of them must have had enough of the UK by now, since we democratically severed the link with those across the border.
I am sure they would love it in France.

Another idea would to be to stop the liberal sandal wearing teachers, from using school and colleges as ideology brain washing sessions.
Poor kids come out thinking they can solve the world by screaming, and gluing themselves to planes and tarmac.

Replace these with forward thinking positive and can do attitude mentors.

Summary:
1) Back the UK or do one
2) Ban super glue and beardos and weirdos.

you should email sunak with your plan sharpish, mouldy;

rishi, just stick your fingers in your ears and start screaming, la, la, la until home time :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've read the whole thread and there are no suggestions about what to do about this. How do we grow the economy?

No ideas off the table?

It is obvious.

The magic, silver bullet is to be part of the EEA.

The simplest and quickest way is to rejoin EFTA which we were founder members of.

Or we could negotiate a UK-EU-EFTA "Common Market" with bespoke EEA membership not through the EFTA pillar.

This would not only be a shot in the arm for the economy, the pound would also strengthen against the dollar thus lowering fuel pump prices.

Win-win-win but the Dunce of DownIt Street is still scratching his head.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is obvious.

The magic, silver bullet is to be part of the EEA.

The simplest and quickest way is to rejoin EFTA which we were founder members of.

Or we could negotiate a UK-EU-EFTA "Common Market" with bespoke EEA membership not through the EFTA pillar.

This would not only be a shot in the arm for the economy, the pound would also strengthen against the dollar thus lowering fuel pump prices.

Win-win-win but the Dunce of DownIt Street is still scratching his head.

Several previous dunces of Downing Street didn't give us a voice (and yes, I actually do know it wasn't Boris who instigated the referendum).

A free trade customs union is one thing; the (not much) lamented EU was another (a majority English view, not endorsed by NSC, yes, I know!)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Several previous dunces of Downing Street didn't give us a voice (and yes, I actually do know it wasn't Boris who instigated the referendum).

A free trade customs union is one thing; the (not much) lamented EU was another (a majority English view, not endorsed by NSC, yes, I know!)

i doubt it's a majority anymore!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We had a referendum on EU membership not EEA membership. Please see the important distinction.

Staying inside the EEA was not what we voted on and is well within the mandate given by the British people.

The EEA is a trade zone which is not the same as the EU. Gove said we'd be part of it. Hannon said no one was even talking about leaving it.

As an aside don't fall for the big "rule takers" lie.

A handy guide :

[Tweet]1087742241383350272[/Tweet]

And :

[Tweet]1073867169723756544[/Tweet]

[Tweet]1184964367621742592[/Tweet]

It truly is the mandate compliant silver bullet which will rescue the UK economy, and to some extent mitigate the cost of living crisis for millions of UK citizens.

I concede that those who voted for Brexit simply to keep out EU citizens won't like it - but they are a small chunk of those who that voted for Brexit - and very, very few actually own up to that reason.

In my opinion it is the only way forward to rescue the country and is totally referendum compliant.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is there some significant difference between them like, for instance, one is a member of the single market, and the other is not?

NI usually the weakest economy in the UK, says it all

This is the governments biggest fear, a successful NI and a failing trailing GB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here