Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23's at home to West Ham today, kick off 7pm

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Good performance again from Crofts side, especially second half against a good West Ham team.
Leonard very good again tonight motm for me for the 2nd game running. Took both of his goals very well, but the little feignt to make space for himself for the first was excellent.
Thought Molumby played well again too, but like last week seemed to fade a bit in the 2nd half.
Ed Turns also very good, scored and what a block that was in the 2nd half.
Todd Miller played very well, although better in the second half, i think he looks a little lightweight at times, but obviously is still young so plenty of time to work on that.
A mention too for Peupion, physically up against Arthur Masuaku is a complete mis-match, experience wise its a non-contest, but he kept at it, and towards the end of the game he was getting the better of him several times. Well played young man :thumbsup:

Oh and i know its only two games, but how good does that league table look at both ends? :albion:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good performance again from Crofts side, especially second half against a good West Ham team.
Leonard very good again tonight motm for me for the 2nd game running. Took both of his goals very well, but the little feignt to make space for himself for the first was excellent.
Thought Molumby played well again too, but like last week seemed to fade a bit in the 2nd half.
Ed Turns also very good, scored and what a block that was in the 2nd half.
Todd Miller played very well, although better in the second half, i think he looks a little lightweight at times, but obviously is still young so plenty of time to work on that.
A mention too for Peupion, physically up against Arthur Masuaku is a complete mis-match, experience wise its a non-contest, but he kept at it, and towards the end of the game he was getting the better of him several times. Well played young man :thumbsup:

Oh and i know its only two games, but how good does that league table look at both ends? :albion:

Yep, he didn't have a whole lot of joy offensively, but I thought he put in a very good shift defensively in the second half. In fact, I was very impressed by the overall team work ethic and the commitment throughout the side. These lads really seem willing to work for each other (and the head coach); very encouraging signs.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
View attachment 139625

That Palace fan who was banging on about how great their U-23 team is has gone a bit quiet. No idea why.

:whistle:

After 2 games ???

I think you were referring to our under 18’s who just missed out on the title to Fulham on goal difference ( and incidentally did the double over Fulham and Brighton )
Our under 23’s had a great season and gained promotion up to Div 1 via the play offs.
Obviously the opposition will be tougher this season,and it will be a steep learning curve.
I hope this clears up any confusion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After 2 games ???

I think you were referring to our under 18’s who just missed out on the title to Fulham on goal difference ( and incidentally did the double over Fulham and Brighton )
Our under 23’s had a great season and gained promotion up to Div 1 via the play offs.
Obviously the opposition will be tougher this season,and it will be a steep learning curve.

I think the only confusion is why a palarse troll is on an Albion forum :shrug:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
After 2 games ???

Whitworth, Adarmola, Quick, Wells-Morrison Omilabu all were in your U18 last season and started last night,

Just for reference

Nilsson, Peupion, and Miller were in our U18s last season, and started for us last night.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Yep, he didn't have a whole lot of joy offensively, but I thought he put in a very good shift defensively in the second half. In fact, I was very impressed by the overall team work ethic and the commitment throughout the side. These lads really seem willing to work for each other (and the head coach); very encouraging signs.

The attitude does seem spot on, i'm looking forward to seeing Sarmiento too and i wonder what happened with the trialist we had in pre-season? He looked pretty good too.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Whitworth, Adarmola, Quick, Wells-Morrison Omilabu all were in your U18 last season and started last night,

Just for reference

Nilsson, Peupion, and Miller were in our U18s last season, and started for us last night.

So we had a predominately younger team out ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After 2 games ???

There is no confusion, you are bottom of the table with zero points. Early days maybe but we are top and you are bottom, what’s not to like?

If it was the other way around you’d be smirking too

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
So we had a predominately younger team out ?

Thats why I pointed out Brightons. We had 8 players 19 or younger starting yesterday. Ferguson who came on at half time is just 16 and scored in his second game in a row you had 7 players 19 years or younger. I suspect most teams have what seems like young teams, My point was that there were a fair few of your youngsters that you are excited about playing last night.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
A cracking watch, some lovely build up play again. Was good to see that they adapted well to the opposition they were playing. Peupion was all over Derby on Monday, but today he had to work hard for the team against Arthur Masuaku, which in turn gave Miller so much space down the left and it paid off plenty in the second half.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
83 mins 4-2

This young Albion team is so exciting.
They are killing West Ham, the only one who can't seem to see it is the commentator.

Can we sack this commentator?

I know Rob. He’s a terrific lad, and a lifelong Albion fan, who gave up his Saturdays for years for free, while studying for his Sports Journalism degree, to provide the in-stadium commentary service for the blind, at the Amex.

I’d rather we don’t sack him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know Rob. He’s a terrific lad, and a lifelong Albion fan, who gave up his Saturdays for years for free, while studying for his Sports Journalism degree, to provide the in-stadium commentary service for the blind, at the Amex.

I’d rather we don’t sack him.

Have a word then and ask him not to be so negative about the Albion when they aren’t winning. He was talking about how one sided the match was at half time after WHU had had one shot on target, the goal. No mention at the end about how one sided the second half was and we could have had 7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here