Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Type in hunt.com but enter a typo replace "H" with "C"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On that subject, and assuming for the sake of conversation that you haven't seen this recently as well, where do you think Ray Bright is about to appear from in this still taken moments before his first delivery in the 1981 ashes?

Ray-Bright-1.jpg
Actually, is that Botham ? It doesn't look like a DF bat and it's more of a Peter Willey stance.

It would be Lords anyway, and Botham was planting no-one because he got a pair. It was Bright who ended his captaincy. My first memory of Test matches. I was off school ill and watched that afternoon.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He'll be winging his way in from the left of the picture sometime shortly. With Botham ready to plant him into the crowd again. Probably the 1981 series. Must be, he wasn't here in 1985 and Botham doesn't have those strange highlights.
Well, also I said in the post that it was 1981. :thumbsup:
Yes, well remembered:
Ray-Bright-2-1.jpg

As somebody who doesn't actually remember this, I find it quite funny. This is from the Lords test, so no runs from Botham this time.
I've nicked this gag wholesale from the Ridiculous Ashes pod, which I've got up to test 3 for 1981 on:
And also highly recommend.
Apparently for most of Bright's balls included in the highlights package he starts from a much more normal position. I can't think of any good reason why you'd vary that, but then I never bowled in international cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, also I said in the post that it was 1981. :thumbsup:
Yes, well remembered:
Ray-Bright-2-1.jpg

As somebody who doesn't actually remember this, I find it quite funny. This is from the Lords test, so no runs from Botham this time.
I've nicked this gag wholesale from the Ridiculous Ashes pod, which I've got up to test 3 for 1981 on:
And also highly recommend.
Apparently for most of Bright's balls included in the highlights package he starts from a much more normal position. I can't think of any good reason why you'd vary that, but then I never bowled in international cricket.
I find it hard to understand how anyone could hold a line with a 90 degree turn in the bowling stride.

The memory of the Botham dismissal in the second innings is the deathly hush in the crowd as he walked back. The match was going nowhere and he tried to sweep the fist ball and was done behind the legs.

Apart from that, a dull match. Boycott's 100th test and he didn't get his ton to go with it.

I was always destined to marry cricket, that being my first introduction and then the early mornings listening to the following winter in India. If that was interesting their was no turning back.

Alas, after 42 years we spend more time apart now and can't stop bickering and rowing. Cricket has become a slut after quick thrills and has broken its vows. Alas, I'm too old to find the love I once had with another.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just tried - it looks like the word BOOBS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If anyone is offended by this, they just need to type in 55378008 and turn it upside down. That will restore their sanity.

And if anyone is still offended, they're just an upside down 3704558

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still prefer the time Zaha's domain was hjacked and diverted to UK diving website

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is going tremendously well. :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One of my first internet searches (text only in those days) was for a company I thought might have a website. Swallow.
A detective series based in Norwich called "Swallow". Swallow is a detective who tackles vandalism. Bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, you know, but he will, perhaps, travel 80mph on the motorway if, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here