Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two minutes added time?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Loads of subs and a few injuries, yet the officials only added a couple of minutes at the end. Was this a case of not wanting the team on the end of a hiding to suffer any longer? Slightly annoying if so, as we need to improve our goal difference in relation to Liverpool.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Loads of subs and a few injuries, yet the officials only added a couple of minutes at the end. Was this a case of not wanting the team on the end of a hiding to suffer any longer? Slightly annoying if so, as we need to improve our goal difference in relation to Liverpool.
You could equally say we don’t want knackered players.

12min extra at Forest, wasn’t it?!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
7 players subbed in 2nd half. A few injuries. Should have been at least 6 minutes extra

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was this a case of not wanting the team on the end of a hiding to suffer any longer?
Yes. It happens quite a lot actually. I seem to recall Palace being battered and getting away without injury time a season or so ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought 3 minutes was the norm for 'this game is over' added time.

To get 2 minutes is a massive compliment...

...for the winning side.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
When Collina was talking about the problem of time wasting he suggested in some matches, where one side had a massive lead, refs tended to add less time at the end. At the time I think he was referring to our thrashing of West Ham & Liverpool's thrashing of ManUre. I agree with others, it should make no difference, denies both sides the chance of improving their goal difference.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep, thought Ref made a good judgement call. What's another 4 mins of ET going to do? Wolves wouldn't have scored with another 4 hours of ET and we were happy with our 6.

Of all the crappy Ref decisions I've seen this season, this doesn't even begin to enter as any kind of mild grievance.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
When Collina was talking about the problem of time wasting he suggested in some matches, where one side had a massive lead, refs tended to add less time at the end. At the time I think he was referring to our thrashing of West Ham & Liverpool's thrashing of ManUre. I agree with others, it should make no difference, denies both sides the chance of improving their goal difference.

I thought it was hilarious when José Sá took AGES to take a goal kick when they were 5-0 down. Had that been Steele, he'd have been carded. Can't remember one bit of time wasting or play acting by our players the whole game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought it was hilarious when José Sá took AGES to take a goal kick when they were 5-0 down. Had that been Steele, he'd have been carded. Can't remember one bit of time wasting or play acting by our players the whole game.
I was just about to comment on this …classic time wasting to keep the score down …although there were a few Wolves player’s gesticulating angrily in his direction.

As an aside I thought the ref had a good game……….are we allowed to say that when we win?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Watching the match on Sky's Game of the Day, my son said their goalie should have been booked for time wasting. I think that might have been a first, given they were 6 nil down

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes. It happens quite a lot actually. I seem to recall Palace being battered and getting away without injury time a season or so ago.
I find it frustrating but your are right, you see it a lot. I wanted a 7th yesterday and did not want the match to end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here