Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two goals for Sam Baldock

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sam scored two for Oxford on Saturday who are having a good season. Well done him. Good to see him still scoring.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone else score for someone that we sold 4 years ago?
Time to move on please.

What is wrong with mentioning old players? Brighton without history is just a bang average Premier League that came into existence through some poker and betting wins, on a tormentous and slow journey towards nowhere.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What is wrong with mentioning old players? Brighton without history is just a bang average Premier League that came into existence through some poker and betting wins, on a tormentous and slow journey towards nowhere.

Quite.

And what’s more he was/is a better finisher than some of the players we’ve signed in the PL.
Great he’s still producing the goods albeit at a lower level.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sam scored two for Oxford on Saturday who are having a good season. Well done him. Good to see him still scoring.

And then came off with a knee injury !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite.

And what’s more he was/is a better finisher than some of the players we’ve signed in the PL.

Great to hear Sam's still knocking them in, IMO.

Playing him off Murray, with AK wide, was genius and genuinely exciting. Without a doubt a top quality Championship player at the time, Many good memories - just a shame he and Muzza conspired to miss what should have been our second against Villa which was right in line with where I was standing (I mean sitting, your honour).

More than made up for by the CROWD SURFING though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It may have whooshed you, but this is not a good cheer thread. This is wistfulness, regret, and a massive accusatory finger pointing at the chartatan Potter, and Barber-OUT!!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Quite.

The quality of the goals he scored in our promotion season was outstanding. I had a particular soft spot to the one he got to set us up for an easy home win against Reading -- speed, strength, calmness and clincality all rolled into one -- but completely get why his others are ranked higher.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I didn’t even know he had left Derby ?!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great to hear Sam's still knocking them in, IMO.

Playing him off Murray, with AK wide, was genius and genuinely exciting. Without a doubt a top quality Championship player at the time, Many good memories - just a shame he and Muzza conspired to miss what should have been our second against Villa which was right in line with where I was standing (I mean sitting, your honour).

More than made up for by the CROWD SURFING though.

I remember the Villa miss, it just kind of caught him mid-stride, rather than running on to it.
If only Stocko had saved the shot 😔

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The quality of the goals he scored in our promotion season was outstanding. I had a particular soft spot to the one he got to set us up for an easy home win against Reading -- speed, strength, calmness and clincality all rolled into one -- but completely get why his others are ranked higher.

I always remember that near post header vs Wolves….

Very calm finisher.

Although CH did a great job and playing Pascal off Murray probably kept us up, I always felt that Baldock never really got a fair chance in the PL. I think it was 15 mins at WBA, where we were really shocking…

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It may have whooshed you, but this is not a good cheer thread. This is wistfulness, regret, and a massive accusatory finger pointing at the chartatan Potter, and Barber-OUT!!!

You may have whooshed me but wasn’t it Hughton that dropped Sam Baldock?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
for all the PL jcl types - if wasn't for his work rate stretching defences, doubt we would have been promoted

This. Connolly should be learning from Super Sam…..fantastic at running between the lines. Proper shithouse too, would have LOVED to have seen him and Maupay celebrating a goal together at Selhurst.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I always remember that near post header vs Wolves….

Very calm finisher.

Although CH did a great job and playing Pascal off Murray probably kept us up, I always felt that Baldock never really got a fair chance in the PL. I think it was 15 mins at WBA, where we were really shocking…

He certainly didn't get the chance with us in the PL. And that West Brom away game, along with Huddersfield away both in our first season were our only rivals to Burnley home for most dismal PL performance -- although not forgetting that fateful home duo that sealed CH's fate in 18/19.
I doubt Sam B had the qualities to make it in the PL, as much as I'd have liked him to succeed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You may have whooshed me but wasn’t it Hughton that dropped Sam Baldock?

Sam could never really stay fit though. Also when you play with 2 wide men, it's difficult not to play a striker better in the air like Murray.

I really liked Sam as a player and he created a lot of chances for Murray and Hemed in the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here