Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two ex Albion stars having a chat on Football Focus tomorrow

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I was a 13 year old boy back then and to this day I still feel robbed that we only got 60k for Saunders.

Interesting thread as I didn't know Lawrenson was the manager at Oxford, until now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was a 13 year old boy back then and to this day I still feel robbed that we only got 60k for Saunders.

Interesting thread as I didn't know Lawrenson was the manager at Oxford, until now.

I hope the programme puts paid to the accusations, sometimes heard on NSC, suggesting it was Lawrenson who took advantage of Brighton's financial situation to sign him to Oxford.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Swansea GAVE him to us, there's nothing you'd be given for free & then sell on for 70k that you didn't think was a good deal

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
DS was without doubt the fastest BHA player I've ever seen. He went down the right wing once at The Goldstone towards the South Stand like the proverbial shit off a shovel :ohmy:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Swansea GAVE him to us, there's nothing you'd be given for free & then sell on for 70k that you didn't think was a good deal
I have to say that is extremely odd reasoning, the concept that as he was free getting anything more than nothing constitutes a 'good 'deal'. By your reckoning it would still have been a good deal if we'd let him go for £1000 and a set of tracksuits.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DS was without doubt the fastest BHA player I've ever seen. He went down the right wing once at The Goldstone towards the South Stand like the proverbial shit off a shovel :ohmy:

I remember him being able to outrun just about every fullback cut in and hit unstoppable shots from outside the box, a genuinely exciting player who had the ability to have the fans out of their seats as he bore down on goal.

I'd also forgotten about Maxwell. Didn't he try and merge Oxford and Reading and want to call them Thames valley something or other?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I remember him being able to outrun just about every fullback cut in and hit unstoppable shots from outside the box, a genuinely exciting player who had the ability to have the fans out of their seats as he bore down on goal.

I'd also forgotten about Maxwell. Didn't he try and merge Oxford and Reading and want to call them Thames valley something or other?

Thames Valley Royals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here