Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Turkeys for Christmas

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Oh no, not me.
I have been in the bar at The Ritz a couple of times, the bar snacks are amazing.
I treated Mrs Chopper to some cocktails as a birthday treat some time ago.
A fabulous bar, chuffing expensive but the quality and service is an experience.
But I am not a hypocrite, so no tip was given.

But do they serve cheese footballs?:D

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fillet of beef (with mushroom and wasabi sauce ) and a really good roast chicken or capon . . . sod turkey.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Often overlooked but an essential ingredient of a good Turkey Christmas dinner is to have good quality gravy none of this Bisto type rubbish.

Go on, then, BG, give us your recipe.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Jamie Oliver's 'Get ahead' Gravy is a really good recipe and as the name suggests can be prepared in advance. I'm guessing it must be popular because it's the only time of year when the local Tesco is sold out of Chicken wings (which are the key ingredient).

Google the recipe.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Go on, then, BG, give us your recipe.

My wife saves the water that the veg was cooked in then adds flour to the roasting pan with the turkey juices and then adds the giblets * which have been pre boiled before adding the vegetable water and a large splash of Port. Very simple but tasty. When ready dont forget to put through a sieve to remove the giblets.

If people have other recipes I am always willing to read and try them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My wife saves the water that the veg was cooked in then adds flour to the roasting pan with the turkey juices and then adds the giblets * which have been pre boiled before adding the vegetable water and a large splash of Port. Very simple but tasty. When ready dont forget to put through a sieve to remove the giblets.

Sounds good. Cheers!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I did something very similar but not with the giblets.
It was important to let it all reduce down to the correct thickness which can be tricky to get it bang on.
I dont know if it was a fluke but it was delicious, the sort you would expect in a very good restaurant.

By the way, is this thread sponsored by Jamie Oliver.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I did something very similar but not with the giblets.
It was important to let it all reduce down to the correct thickness which can be tricky to get it bang on.
I dont know if it was a fluke but it was delicious, the sort you would expect in a very good restaurant.

By the way, is this thread sponsored by Jamie Oliver.

No but my youngest son, Bens dad, was in the same class as him at catering college.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here