Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trying to buy an extra ticket in the North Stand for the Palace game and it says sold out?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
According to the ticket portal there is not a single ticket left in the North West or the North Stand for the Palace match . Given the attendance for Wolves was 17,000 and for Brentford it was even less I would expect there to be a lot of no shows - even though it's the amazing " M23 Derby " .

The woman in the ticket office said that none of the resale tickets from season ticket holders will go on sale until every single one of the tickets in the whole ground is sold . There are 1000 left - mainly in the East and South

So , according to this information, there might eventually be 1 ticket left in the south stand and there could be 500 tickets up for resale all around the ground - however they will not go on sale until this one ticket is sold .

That can't be true ? Surely ?

Can anyone advise how this actually works - as I 'll be amazed if every ticket is sold and every seat is filled on the night .

Our ticketing policy is so difficult this year.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You're buying for the wrong match mate.

Ours is the M23 derby.

The M25 derby is South Mimms Westbound versus South Mimms Eastbound.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
True story Brian Wade

There would have been extra match by match tickets in the NS but you've missed out on those. The exchange then opens when rest of ground is largely sold out as per current policy.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Is it really that screwed up ? doesnt make sense for either the club or the fans .. balmy

Been done to death on here. The exchange may yet open, at which point there will be a deluge of seats listed. Until then the club wish to initially sell unsold seats, as they would.

And it's anything but balmy it's chuffing freezing out.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
According to the ticket portal there is not a single ticket left in the North West or the North Stand for the Palace match . Given the attendance for Wolves was 17,000 and for Brentford it was even less I would expect there to be a lot of no shows - even though it's the amazing " M23 Derby " .

The woman in the ticket office said that none of the resale tickets from season ticket holders will go on sale until every single one of the tickets in the whole ground is sold . There are 1000 left - mainly in the East and South

So , according to this information, there might eventually be 1 ticket left in the south stand and there could be 500 tickets up for resale all around the ground - however they will not go on sale until this one ticket is sold .

Can anyone advise how this actually works - as I 'll be amazed if every ticket is sold and every seat is filled on the night .

If the exchange opens I'll be buying 2 tickets, one at adult price for an under 18. If it doesn't... I wont! I've been too near to them before and although it was mildly amusing to witness how tragic they actually are (at a 12.30pm ko), it's not something I'd want to do again especially at an 8pm ko on a Friday night. I don't think the exchange will open for it unfortunately.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If the exchange opens I'll be buying 2 tickets, one at adult price for an under 18. If it doesn't... I wont! I've been too near to them before and although it was mildly amusing to witness how tragic they actually are (at a 12.30pm ko), it's not something I'd want to do again especially at an 8pm ko on a Friday night. I don't think the exchange will open for it unfortunately.

There's seats and several pairs in the ESU - in E1G - its hardly "close" to Palace up there. I'd recommend getting a pair and then - assuming current no shows - you could probably sit where you like on the night . You'd easily find a pair of seats in the far corner away from our friends from Croydon if that didnt take your fancy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I couldn’t get a ticket for a pal in our WSL block for Brentford on Boxing Day because it was ‘sold out’. That’s exactly how it works (although I think the exchange opens when there are just singles left usually, not when ‘every single ticket’ is sold).

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I call fixtures on this thread . how many times does this have to come up- its been going for nearly every match this season, the ticket exchange- surely anyone who ever comes on this forum has seen the complete bin fest over this subject- what does the club consider sold out to open the ticket exchange for purchases, why cant i give my ticket to someone else, whats the pretendance et all

we all know by now that the exchange wont open for sales until much closer to the game (if at all) even though we all know someone who knows someone who wants tickets and we know someone else who wants to sell tickets etc, and the arguments about more bums on seat and therefore more pies and beer sold .

The situation hasn't changed, the clubs stance hasn't changed, peoples opinions haven't changed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As OriginUnknown says done to death on NSC already but really think the exchange tickets should be listed when a block sells out, not the whole ground. The OP just has to wait to very close to the 14th and hope the exchange tickets get listed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The ticket exchange didn’t exist until around three or four years ago. When first introduced it paid out in club shop vouchers rather than cash. It could be argued that prior to its introduction the ticketing policy was even more difficult.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The club makes the full price of any seat it sells. For any resale ticket the club only makes the difference between the season ticket cost and the match cost. Why would the club want to open the exchange before the game sells out? (Also I don’t they wait for every single last ticket to be sold).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I call fixtures on this thread . how many times does this have to come up- its been going for nearly every match this season, the ticket exchange- surely anyone who ever comes on this forum has seen the complete bin fest over this subject- what does the club consider sold out to open the ticket exchange for purchases, why cant i give my ticket to someone else, whats the pretendance et all

we all know by now that the exchange wont open for sales until much closer to the game (if at all) even though we all know someone who knows someone who wants tickets and we know someone else who wants to sell tickets etc, and the arguments about more bums on seat and therefore more pies and beer sold .

The situation hasn't changed, the clubs stance hasn't changed, peoples opinions haven't changed.

Forums don't work like that. It makes not a jot of a difference that the issue has been done to death if the OP hasn't looked at NSC at all or not much and has therefore missed it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Forums don't work like that. It makes not a jot of a difference that the issue has been done to death if the OP hasn't looked at NSC at all or not much and has therefore missed it.

More likely hasn’t bothered reading anything until now as he hasn’t been affected…….that’s usually how these things work :shrug:

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
More likely hasn’t bothered reading anything until now as he hasn’t been affected…….that’s usually how these things work :shrug:

It's the first time Ive tried to buy an extra ticket and the whole North Stand is sold out - So apologies if I dont spend my life on here. I was aware it was a shit show but I wasnt aware just how shit .

Cheers

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's the first time Ive tried to buy an extra ticket and the whole North Stand is sold out - So apologies if I dont spend my life on here. I was aware it was a shit show but I wasnt aware just how shit .

Ha ! NSC ? or buying a ticket ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here