Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Albion] Trump edited out of Home Alone 2 in Canada

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bit harsh bearing in mind they filmed it at his hotel.

Thankfully for all his errors of judgement Lance Armstrong is still in Dodgeball.

Having said that when Noel goes to the great 'Houseparty' in the sky, will DLT's 'gotcha' get an airing?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Lost to the vultures
Jul 6, 2003
I remain surprised that St Bono's lawyers haven't demanded that their client's contribution to the Band Aid single be removed. Mind you, released at the height of the brutalism of Thatcherism 'tonight thank God it's them instead of you' strikes a chord as the lyrics that are most representative of their time in the whole thing

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What's the problem lots of films are edited from the cinema release.
Just smacks of The Trump family getting annoyed other nothing important.

Do you recall the furore when Channel 4 tried to change the name of the dog in The Dambusters over political correctness?

Even Stephen Fry got involved.

RossyG

Members
Dec 20, 2014
I think the reason given was that they needed to edit out eight minutes of material to fit in the adverts. The Trump cameo didn’t really add to the story so could be cut easily. There may have been a political element, but who knows? Trump isn’t the leader of Canada, they’ve got that bell end Justin Trudeau, so it’d be silly to cut it for political reasons.

The thing to take from this is never watch films on a channel that cuts bits out just to shove in more ads. If you want it to see it, watch it uncut on Blu-Ray, iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc...

Broadcast TV is shit.

studio150

Members
Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you recall the furore when Channel 4 tried to change the name of the dog in The Dambusters over political correctness?

Even Stephen Fry got involved.

I do recall ITV dubbing the dialogue of the Dambusters with the dog being called Digger.

Many years ago I recall that ITV cut the whole of the kitchen scene between Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange which is a pivotal part of the plot.

studio150

Members
Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the reason given was that they needed to edit out eight minutes of material to fit in the adverts. The Trump cameo didn’t really add to the story so could be cut easily. There may have been a political element, but who knows? Trump isn’t the leader of Canada, they’ve got that bell end Justin Trudeau, so it’d be silly to cut it for political reasons.

The thing to take from this is never watch films on a channel that cuts bits out just to shove in more ads. If you want it to see it, watch it uncut on Blu-Ray, iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc...

Broadcast TV is shit.

Don't believe it was political as the cut was made before Trump declared he was running for president,

Last edited:

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Broadcast TV is shit.

That's what I heard Melania said. "I vood have liked it uncut too."

Publius Ovidius

Members
Jul 5, 2003
at home
What’s this DLT “gotcha” thing then? I’ve heard of the other two!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As un PC it is today, the DLT gotcha was one of the funniest pieces of TV

We were listening to it on the radio at the time coming back from a holiday with the kids and couldn’t believe it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills