Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lovely player. That pass to Mooy with the outside of his boot for the 2nd goal against the muff was borderline sexual. The fact that Mooy took the goal so well with such a great finish kind of overshadowed the pass, but it was truly utterly sublime.

Agreed, but was it as good as Propper's assist for Gross at OT last season?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
That's just consistency.

All pro footballers can be amazing, the only thing which separates the world class players from the non league ones is how often they can be at their best.

Trossard's inconsistency is why he plays for us and not Man City. Just appreciate his good stuff and forgive him when it doesn't quite work and you'll enjoy football more.

Ref: the comparison to Deulofeu, inconsistency is the main criticism leveled at him during his career - why he's playing for Watford and not still at Barcelona.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Not sure if it's just his dull, expressionless face but he really doesn't look like he cares. Unless the ball is played to him, I don't think I've seen him battle to win the ball and make a play.

If that cross/shot had gone in though :clap:

Surely our recent experience with Ali J tells us that players do care, quite a lot? More likely that he is adapting, struggling at times with the intensity/physicality of the PL - no reason why he can't learn to cope and excel if he can maintain his confidence. He can be a game changer and we will need some more of those moments before season end..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely our recent experience with Ali J tells us that players do care, quite a lot? More likely that he is adapting, struggling at times with the intensity/physicality of the PL - no reason why he can't learn to cope and excel if he can maintain his confidence. He can be a game changer and we will need some more of those moments before season end..
I've got a sneaking suspicion that not one single poster has learned one single lesson from the Ali experience. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maupay, Connolly, Trossard - they’d all benefit playing off Muzza. GPott needs Murray as the fulcrum and get loads of legs around him to do the running.
Yes - we just need to get twelve players on the field without the referee noticing ......................

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He is showing flashes of what he can do but sometimes I wonder if he is fully engaged. Has he gelled with his team mates yet?

I’m still waiting for that potential to be fulfilled. It’s there, but I’d like him to get a move on in showing it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is showing flashes of what he can do but sometimes I wonder if he is fully engaged. Has he gelled with his team mates yet?

I’m still waiting for that potential to be fulfilled. It’s there, but I’d like him to get a move on in showing it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As said 'nobody has learned from the Ali J thread' double :lol: & a :kiss:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Theres no doubt LT is a good player, but callibration to PL football isn’t a simple thing for many players. He seemed a little subued when he scored at the Amex, I’ve. O doubt he’s a consummate professional, but kind of get the feeling he see’snBHA as a career stop gap on his way to better things.

Or maybe he’s just a more subdued character.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Yep. All wingers are inconsistent really. Tross has been great overall - he’ll shine again soon.

Agreed - consistent wingers play in top 6 sides. The likes of Trossard and Delofeue play for club like us and Watford because they aren't consistent. Trossard is young almost certainly will come good again soon.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Are we really complaining that he looks moody? 4 assists 2 goals (1 disallowed or was it 2?), had several very close opportunities. Good vision from what I've seen, tries to make runs but on several occasions Maupay has piledrived it into a wall of defenders. First season in English football and an injury set back. Jeez.

No, but he looks a tad like Robbie William's love child..:rolleyes:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Theres no doubt LT is a good player, but callibration to PL football isn’t a simple thing for many players. He seemed a little subued when he scored at the Amex, I’ve. O doubt he’s a consummate professional, but kind of get the feeling he see’snBHA as a career stop gap on his way to better things.

Or maybe he’s just a more subdued character.

No issue if he does see us like that. But at the moment, he is at the right level for a bottom half but progressive Premier League team like us. He's shown clear footballing ability and has created chances and goals, but he's been fitful. He's not in the "undroppable" category for us yet, he's in the, "will play in more games than he doesn't play in" category

If he showed us in the rest of the season that he is good enough for Man U, and that's what gets him his move, that's fine with me.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He just seems reluctant to take anybody on

As I've said before; he seems to have lost his early season confidence, and doesn't get far enough into the box often enough, which means that he shoots too early and speculatively.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Are we really complaining that he looks moody? 4 assists 2 goals (1 disallowed or was it 2?), had several very close opportunities. Good vision from what I've seen, tries to make runs but on several occasions Maupay has piledrived it into a wall of defenders. First season in English football and an injury set back. Jeez.

:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here