Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Transport today

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Scratched Record Stat here:-

No problems driving over and riding in the final couple of miles.
Does your ride involve hills? Just curious as trying to work out where it’s possible to park without having to ride up a hill (as I’m too fat to do hills!).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just for balance: left after the players had passed us on their lap of honour and strolled to station to get straight on a Brighton train and get seats. Then at Brighton strolled out and got straight on a bus home. Really easy journey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does your ride involve hills? Just curious as trying to work out where it’s possible to park without having to ride up a hill (as I’m too fat to do hills!).
Not really.

Check out folding electric bikes, there's some absolute belters on the market that'll get you up any of Brighton's hills without pedalling, not to mention the 30+ mile run time.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not really.

Check out folding electric bikes, there's some absolute belters on the market that'll get you up any of Brighton's hills without pedalling, not to mention the 30+ mile run time.

Not really is a bit evasive but can understand you wanting to keep your spot a secret. An electric bike is a little out of my price range unfortunately. However planning on riding the 6 miles from Hove next season (and walking up the 1 hill).

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I ended up walking all the way back into Brighton as the buses were a joke.
I've started doing the racecourse P&R of late but with it being closed today I had to rely on public transport. The buses are fine getting to the stadium but a shit show going home, especially on a Sunday.
Thankfully it's back to P&R for the City game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really is a bit evasive but can understand you wanting to keep your spot a secret. An electric bike is a little out of my price range unfortunately. However planning on riding the 6 miles from above next season (and walking up the 1 hill).
Yeah the decent ones are a little shy of a grand - although naturally I firmly believe they're worth their weight in gold, esp as the OP is correct, we're gonna have some shitshows next season.

Someone was recently asking about them on Geeks, not that they are any of ours speciality.

As cycle lanes go the one from the pier to the ground is decent and I believe a new one has been opened when coming from Beast Sussex.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Got to Lewes station at 1.30, straight on a train, time for a pint in the concourse, stayed behind for a couple after the parade and walked straight onto the platform. Not sure it's ever been more straightforward. A big 👍 from me
Ah you must have made the slightly delayed train
I just missed Then the next one running late got us to the ground just on KO
quite smooth
post match applauded the team off the pitch leisurely walk onto the train , queued on the last ramp before the entrance few minutes wait onto the train
quite a smooth journey compared to some days

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
When you have 30 000 people all arriving and leaving a venue at roughly the same time, there will be delays no matter where or when it is

Anyone at the semi finals at Wembley will say the same- it took almost as long to travel the 3 miles to and from the stadium as the rest of the journey, and that is the national stadium.

It doesnt matter how well organised it is, its simply not possible to move that many people without long delays.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
When you have 30 000 people all arriving and leaving a venue at roughly the same time, there will be delays no matter where or when it is

Anyone at the semi finals at Wembley will say the same- it took almost as long to travel the 3 miles to and from the stadium as the rest of the journey, and that is the national stadium.

It doesnt matter how well organised it is, its simply not possible to move that many people without long delays.
I think my original point was that it’s better organised on a Saturday 3pm….any other time, and it’s not. Therefore with next season probably not being majority Saturday 3pm, if it stays as now, it’s going to be even more problematic.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's Sunday. The trains are always **** for a Sunday game. I considered West Upper to front door in 2 hours pleasantly surprising today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here