Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Is it what Palace hope to get twice a season in return for Benteke's £5M+ salary?

(A glib answer I know, but also evidence that buying big money strikers may not lead to an immediate top ten finish, which I think supports your argument.)

As opposed to not buying one and getting relegated which could also happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Get them in for the Palace game if they are that good.

Ha Ha The reason we can't have them straight away is they are good. Their teams want to get even more from them, nice try :rolleyes:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Your nauseating, if you knew anything about TB he wouldn’t be on talkshite :tosser:

you are dangerous and you are an idiot, next please.

I love a bit of healthy discussion, but you don't do healthy discussion you do mr negative, congratulations on that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
you are dangerous and you are an idiot, next please.

I love a bit of healthy discussion, but you don't do healthy discussion you do mr negative, congratulations on that.
You find things negative because you don’t agree and that’s fine. I have no idea why you need to start insulting me though, does it make you feel better about yourself???

phoenix

May 18, 2009
You find things negative because you don’t agree and that’s fine. I have no idea why you need to start insulting me though, does it make you feel better about yourself???

Dangerous Idiot

As your title suggests, quoting you so where's the insult?

And you appear to be negative, carry on.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pull yourself together.

You know full well that Tony Bloom has the best interests of this club running through him like 'Brighton' through rock. If you don't understand why he is buying youngsters from obscure leagues, perhaps his uniquely successful sports betting company and associated worldwide analytics set up would allow you to give him the leeway to invest his own money in the way he thinks is best for the club's future. It may just be that he is working on more knowledge than you or I have.

To even think of suggesting that he be replaced by someone who will spend money to get you the shiny new toys that you demand irrespective of the risk to the future of the club speaks little for your understanding of what we've all been through to get to this stage. Did you not at times during the late nineties wonder whether the club would still be there for future generations in Sussex to support? I know I did, and I know it was very much on the mind of those Brighton fans who I spoke to. It was obviously on the mind of all of those of us who stepped up in whatever small way we could to stop it from happening.

Tony Bloom was one of those and he has made it very clear in everything he has said and done since becoming chairman that he understands the importance of the football club to the people of Sussex. His first duty in his stewardship is to ensure the survival of the club for future generations and, putting aside his massive generosity, he has shown himself, like Dick Knight before him, to be someone who the people of Sussex can put their trust in to do this.

If he doesn't think spending loads at this window is the right thing to do, trust that he has his reasons and that the reasons are in the best interest of Brighton & Hove Albion. This isn't some football manager game, where you can find a cheat code, and get just what you want without consequences. Portsmouth's fall was spectacular and their fans are lucky to still have them. Other communities haven't been so lucky.

In terms of ownership, we are the envy of virtually every club our size in the country, not just because of Bloom's money, but because of how he chooses to spend it and, when necessary, not spend it. He has given us every reason to believe that he will never sell the soul of this club and, if you had any sense of history, you would be thanking your lucky stars for every moment he chooses to continue the incredible job he is doing.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dangerous Idiot

As your title suggests, quoting you so where's the insult?

And you appear to be negative, carry on.
A poster called me that years ago on a gambling topic I believe it was funny at the time.

Having a different opinion again does not mean it’s negative it’s just an opinion.

For instance I could say March has one trick the shoulder drop, it clearly wasn’t working Saturday. It’s not negative just a different opinion to another saying he had a great game :shrug:

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Pull yourself together.

You know full well that Tony Bloom has the best interests of this club running through him like 'Brighton' through rock. If you don't understand why he is buying youngsters from obscure leagues, perhaps his uniquely successful sports betting company and associated worldwide analytics set up would allow you to give him the leeway to invest his own money in the way he thinks is best for the club's future. It may just be that he is working on more knowledge than you or I have.

To even think of suggesting that he be replaced by someone who will spend money to get you the shiny new toys that you demand irrespective of the risk to the future of the club speaks little for your understanding of what we've all been through to get to this stage. Did you not at times during the late nineties wonder whether the club would still be there for future generations in Sussex to support? I know I did, and I know it was very much on the mind of those Brighton fans who I spoke to. It was obviously on the mind of all of those of us who stepped up in whatever small way we could to stop it from happening.

Tony Bloom was one of those and he has made it very clear in everything he has said and done since becoming chairman that he understands the importance of the football club to the people of Sussex. His first duty in his stewardship is to ensure the survival of the club for future generations and, putting aside his massive generosity, he has shown himself, like Dick Knight before him, to be someone who the people of Sussex can put their trust in to do this.

If he doesn't think spending loads at this window is the right thing to do, trust that he has his reasons and that the reasons are in the best interest of Brighton & Hove Albion. This isn't some football manager game, where you can find a cheat code, and get just what you want without consequences. Portsmouth's fall was spectacular and their fans are lucky to still have them. Other communities haven't been so lucky.

In terms of ownership, we are the envy of virtually every club our size in the country, not just because of Bloom's money, but because of how he chooses to spend it and, when necessary, not spend it. He has given us every reason to believe that he will never sell the soul of this club and, if you had any sense of history, you would be thanking your lucky stars for every moment he chooses to continue the incredible job he is doing.

I think that is right. There has to be caution in managing the wage bill in a time of reduced revenue such as this. It amazes me that some Brighton fans can't see this.

Your owner is seriously rich, of course, but everything is relative in an era of Russian oligarchs, and oil soaked Gulf potentates. As the old saying goes, "What is the quickest way to become a millionaire? Be a billionaire and buy a football club."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here