Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tote Restaurant Table Betting Hove Greyhound Stadium

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyone been recently and had a table in the restaurant, assuming the Tote Peeps still take table bets, does anyone know if they take debit cards now, last time I went you had to take a bundle of pound coins etc?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Talking of Ballyregan Bob, the dog not the poster, I remember the night out there he won his 32nd race on the bounce.

It was 35 years ago! Bloody ell

I was joking, I meant the hound :lolol: .

I remember that well, Coral’s sold out with a huge crowd … they had a stand on the other side too, on all the national news’s.

Good night?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well it was at the time, but on reflection I wasted my youth, I was doing my wages hours after being paid while my mates were getting their end away and listening to KLF

I did the hedonism thing for years, then had to catch up on sensible career stuff later. No regrets it was that way round …. I worked with blokes who qualified very on in the professions, but they couldn’t then reinvent themselves as fun loving clubbers and lads abroad.

KLF, loved them.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
get off your arse and walk down to the the track, the tote is shite.

They take cash and cards but imagine cash preferred.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
used to enjoy going and pleased it is still going. Just looked up and saw they have 4 meetings a week and it is free to attend. How do they make there money. ?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Gosh what memories this thread brings back to me and Mrs. BS. In 1970 she worked at LeCarbonne just round the corner where we lived in Portslade Old Village. One of the suppliers of the company also owned and trained dogs and knew from conversations we sometimes attended on Thursday nights along with my late dad. One day he asked if she was attending the Greyhound Stadium that particular evening, she said 'yes' and was told to back his dog Denholme Rocket as it was guaranteed to win. So the three of us scraped together £15 (a fiver each) and watched it romp home.

You just have to love NSC for the amazing threads that pop up and bring back happy memories.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Oh the memories - Chas Miller and the infamous Sid Star! Six of us got a dog with Bill Masters, graded in at A12 (back in them days) ran twice, came last twice, so Bill said he'd get us another one! Original dog raced at Catford a couple of months later, ran once, won at 8/1 and was never seen again! The bitch who was the replacement won first time up (as per Bills meticulous planning) Six of us lined up at 6 bookies and availed ourselves of the 5/2 in one choreographed attack and I had the pleasure of collecting the cash off of Sid Star. Was also a "trophy race" - still got the photo with our pockets bulging with notes!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I ended up calling the Stadium and it was confirmed that Tote only take cash , looks like I’m raiding the tin change box for Gold coins then on Saturday

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Loved Hove greyhounds as a kid. They never, ever asked for ID in the 90s and it meant as a 16 year old I could get a drink and gamble all my paper round money on one night. Taxi home if we won, long walk back to Hollingbury if we lost.

Sail Island winning by half the track when they sped the hare up (or so everyone complained) always stuck in the memory.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to be one of my favourite things to do on a Boxing Day, Hove Dogs in the morning followed by a quick stroll down the road to the Goldstone for the lunchtime kickoff

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I was working for Ladbrokes the night of the Ballyregan Bob record attempt...

£4k notes in the safe, no cameras in the shop...At 1/4 easiest grand in history and stake back in the shop by midnight...

No I didn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here