Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Torn Shoulder rotary cuff

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Has any one suffered with a torn rotary cuff?

My physio has stopped due to covid and the issue is getting worse. The pain at times is really bad. Any tips or ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

My physio has stopped due to covid and the issue is getting worse. The pain at times is really bad. Any tips or ideas ?

Thanks in advance

As you have a physio that you can call 'my physio' can he send you some exercise sheets by email or post?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thanks in advance

Had it, had the op easily most painful thing I've ever had. Tips? Yes don't be unfortunate to get it other than that I'm afraid not

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yep. Mine was 90% torn (skiing accident) so I had to have an operation to screw it back together. Weeks in a sling and lots of rehab.

Very painful.

Jul 7, 2003

Thanks in advance

Osteopaths are still allowed to work at the moment so might be worth speaking to one of them to see if they can help. Given your location, give David at Beach House Clinic in Broadwater a call and he will advise if they can help.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My Mrs had it a few years back, had to have an operation to glue it back together.
If physio isn't fixing it you might need the same

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
My wife had this and was given a cortisone injection directly into it. Painful but then almost instant relief, but they can only do this a couple of times. If it doesn’t heal it is likely to need surgery unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Did mine reaching back to switch bedside light off, honest! It wasn't badly damaged but still took more than 5 months to get better including 6 sessions of physio and continual exercises. Classic case of 'it will get better with time'.

D

Deleted member 2719

My wife had this and was given a cortisone injection directly into it. Painful but then almost instant relief, but they can only do this a couple of times. If it doesn’t heal it is likely to need surgery unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep,Mrs Mouldy had the same, she tried a physio and it made no difference and probably made it worse.

Leo, she had a one man band take a look and he said the show must go on.

Yep, one injection and it sorted it. and it has been 5 years now.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Alcohol. The cause but Lzo the answer to Ll of life's problems.

Also helps with pain relief, physicL but also mental.

When it starts hurting again just drink more. I would also recommend cocaine but it's shit quality nowadays and more expensive so not really worth the bother.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I have had problems with mine for years. Tore it moving a steel beam and has never been the same since.

I have corticosteroid injections in it to get me through my day to day work 3 to 4 times a year.

I should really get it sorted but have been told a potential 12 weeks off work if the tear is bad and keyhole not possible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Insist on a Cortisone injection from your GP or physio, then a second once the first has worn off.

You must use that time to carefully follow rehab exercises set by a physio, many are still practising.

If that doesn’t touch it, an op will be necessary.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Mine done a few months ago. Had cortisone with no joy. Had 6 physio sessions with no joy. Finally referred to MSK and awaiting an MRI now. Still hurts like hell, aches pretty much all of the time and restrictions with movement behind my back. Now thinking of going private for scan as waiting 5+ Weeks already

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Broke my Humorous at the top and tore the Rotator Cuff. The pain transmits itself all over your body wiggle your toes and you break out in a sweet from the pain. I think I strapped it to my body for a about three weeks to prevent as much movement as I could. Then another couple of weeks with a loser sling. I think that was the time scale only I've tried to erase the pain from my memory.
After an amount of time I started physio like half an hour a week at the Hospital, with a take home rubber band for homework. That was six weeks worth with dire warnings that I may not get total movement back. Ten years later, full movement and it's as if it never happened, pretty sure the physio played a big part in the result.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes I did this about 7 years ago.

I was really into weight lifting at the time and playing squash. Playing a squash match one day the day I stretched too much for one shot and felt a twinge. Next day forgot about that and whilst bench pressing it totally went. Was in agony for a while.

I rested it for a while but it never got fully better, was particularly bad if I reached up for something or laid on it in bed so I did get physio for a while.

That helped but I’m unfortunately I have a permanent weakness there now and don’t weight lift or play squash at all now.

Definitely recommend you get professional help as soon as you can and don’t leave it as long as I did. Looking back, I probably should have had an op too but my son was about to be born so I didn’t push for it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here