13 Wolves
14 West Ham
15 Leicester
16 Southampton
17 Forest
18 Birmingham
19 Derby
20 West brom
Now everyone will have different opinions, what would be your top 20?

Based on History Arsenal are top having been in the top flight for longest and are the only team never to have been relegated with Everton 2nd for similar reasons

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Based on History Arsenal are top having been in the top flight for longest and are the only team never to have been relegated with Everton 2nd for similar reasons

If you are going on this, then we would be well up. At the time we got relegated in '05 only 4 teams had been in the top flight longer than us, and for half of that time we were challenging at the right end of the table, and would have won the league had it not been for a ridiculous liverpool team. Though the 80's til about 93/94 we were a very good football team in the top flight, then it went to shit for a few years until '01 and then turned to shit in '05.

FWIW I would put us around the 17-21 'biggest' club in the country.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
got a mate from leicester who refers to us as "seaside rovers" which obviously pisses me off,but it does give you an indication of what other supporters of mid range clubs think of us

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
1 man utd
2 liverpool
3 man city
4 everton
5 arsenal
6 tottenhm
7 newcastle
8 leeds
9 chelsea
10 aston villa
11 west ham
12 sheff wed
13 sunderland
14 n.forest
15 birmingham
16 derby
17 wolves
18 sheff utd
19 bristol city
20 brighton & hove albion!

off the top of my head,probably forgot someone obvious:facepalm:

would put rangers & celtic 3rd & 4th if included

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Arsenal have been relegated.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One way to measure the size of the club is their public appeal when they visit another club , say when they come to Brighton. Excluding local derby effect, promotion contention.

On this measurement, I would go for

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Manchester United
5. West Ham United
6. Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Manchester City
8. Nottingham Forest
9. Newcastle United
10. Aston Villa

and then pen any other of about 20 clubs.

What is most interesting is which clubs will be the large clubs of the future when the new rules about staying within your income come in.

This is biased in favour of southern clubs though.

The interesting thing this next season is the last season of spending beyond the club's means and the last season to buy yourself out of the Championship and into the Premier.

goodoldsussexbythesea

North Stand STH
Sep 2, 2011
Westdene
1. Liverpool
2. Man United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Villa
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Spurs
9. Forest
10. Man City

I can only bothered to do the first 10. But these are mine based on trophies/time in top flight/fan base/stadium size

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1. Liverpool
2. Man United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Villa
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Spurs
9. Forest
10. Man City

I can only bothered to do the first 10. But these are mine based on trophies/time in top flight/fan base/stadium size

Man U have won more trophies than Liverpool (60 to 59), Old Trafford stadium size is greater, Manchester United are top of the Forbes most valuable team list, Liverpool are 8th. Man U have beaten Liverpool 72 times, Liverpool have beaten Man U 62 times, with 51 draws. Fan base is down to speculation and estimation, but from a statistical point of view, the Manchester side edges it for top spot.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Man U have won more trophies than Liverpool (60 to 59), Old Trafford stadium size is greater, Manchester United are top of the Forbes most valuable team list, Liverpool are 8th. Man U have beaten Liverpool 72 times, Liverpool have beaten Man U 62 times, with 51 draws. Fan base is down to speculation and estimation, but from a statistical point of view, the Manchester side edges it for top spot.

Another manure fan has just come out of the closet

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Another manure fan has just come out of the closet

That's just offensive :angry:

I was merely putting forward the facts, which make it easier when putting together a list of this type. Anyway, I'm more likely to be a closet Man City fan now, and they have nice shirts.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
One way to measure the size of the club is their public appeal when they visit another club , say when they come to Brighton. Excluding local derby effect, promotion contention.

On this measurement, I would go for

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Manchester United
5. West Ham United
6. Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Manchester City
8. Nottingham Forest
9. Newcastle United
10. Aston Villa

and then pen any other of about 20 clubs.

What is most interesting is which clubs will be the large clubs of the future when the new rules about staying within your income come in.

This is biased in favour of southern clubs though.

The interesting thing this next season is the last season of spending beyond the club's means and the last season to buy yourself out of the Championship and into the Premier.

I would put us ahead of Forest in that respect, just got to look at when we were last in the second flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here