Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Took my live into my hands going to Burnley yesterday

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
That is indeed actually fascinating - what an insight into what we go through. Brilliant. Hope this is a regular feature!

No not because it's the arse end of nowhere with a load of neanderthals roaming the streets.

It is but that is not the reason. Looked at my Garmin app today and could not believe my heart rate during the game. Watching football can't be good for your health. My heart rate went to 171bpm in the second half.
To put that into perspective I'm 56 so my max heart rate should be about 164 (220 - my age). That's with no exercise apart from going bat sh1t mental when the goals went in. Scary.

View attachment 139504

a couple of years ago, I replied to a request for supporters to wear a heart rate monitor throughout the game, it was a study to see what the body went through during the course of a game, I never did get to see what the results were unfortunatly

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Christ on a bike (with a pacemaker)

I need to get back to racing cars . . . Far more relaxing than watching football!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Am I missing something??? Apart from the knee blanket brigade in the Uppers don’t we all go mental when we score a meaningful goal which would increase all our heart rates.

Going mental is not the same as having a high heart rate. My highest rate was at Tottenham in the first season at their new ground , probably the most boring game ever. It rose as the game progressed then dropped like a stone after they scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here