Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes another thread on this, but a different take.

The Club is a success because of Bloom, not Potter.

Potter is the icing on the cake, or maybe the cherry, but 80% of our success is down to the strength of the club ownership and directorship. I have faith they'll make the right decision to replace Potter and move on pretty quickly.

Bloom is the man.

A unique moment in the club's history perhaps to appoint a manager from a position of absolute strength?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A unique moment in the club's history perhaps to appoint a manager from a position of absolute strength?

Very true. Closest I can remember is when Peter Taylor took over from Micky Adams with us near the top (or top?) of League One?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Wow a Hyypia apologist!

I would say a Hyypia "empathist" rather than "apologist". He made some really weird tactical decisions (wing backs in a back four as an example) and didn't adapt his approach to the quality of players at his disposal. I'm certainly not saying that he was a good manager, I just think that he came in at a time when the club was taking a very different approach financially which quite badly hamstrung him. Replacing Ulloa with O'Grady for example

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tony can build a stadium and a training ground, he can pay people to recruit good players and he can create the values, principles and standards of the club but he cannot outwit the likes of Ten Hag, Moyes, Marsch and Rogers tactically to get us into 4th spot in the Prem.

Unearthing Potter was a masterstroke but he will need to do it again, or else triple the manager's wages just to convince anyone's ever heard of to join us and not hold out for the Villa / Everton / West Ham / Newcastle / Leeds / Forest job that will pay more.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Tony can build a stadium and a training ground, he can pay people to recruit good players and he can create the values, principles and standards of the club but he cannot outwit the likes of Ten Hag, Moyes, Marsch and Rogers tactically to get us into 4th spot in the Prem.

Unearthing Potter was a masterstroke but he will need to do it again, or else triple the manager's wages just to convince anyone's ever heard of to join us and not hold out for the Villa / Everton / West Ham / Newcastle / Leeds / Forest job that will pay more.

TB brought in Poyet who was an absolute revelation and created a completely new identity for the club, he then hired (lets ignore Sami) Hughton who took us from near relegation to the Premier League, and then unearthed Potter who was a complete unknown and stuck by him when almost every other club would have sacked him. You know what, I've got confidence we'll be alright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here