Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom interview.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can see us bringing in a wide player, Solly is not playing again this season, might never play again ever. Maybe Valentin Barco is seen as being Solly replacement, and business ends there.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Total disgrace.

LAST SEASON'S shorts and socks and a keeper kit from 2 SEASONS AGO.

:nono:

1704563178460.png

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No - the gist is we will spend if a player is available at this time that would be a good fit - ie like Caceido was for us for example. I suspect, if we are still in serious negotiations for Barco, that would include spending money. We are not going to pass on an opportunity like Barco just because January isn’t a big spend window for us.

But TB is not going to buy players just to cover for injuries because once those injuries are back, we’ll be left with a bloated squad we will have to pay wages for just to sit on the bench - that is not a sustainable business plan for a club with our level of resources.

- why not just watch the video 🙄
Because I don't need to - as you've confirmed, my assumption was correct :lolol:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Because I don't need to - as you've confirmed, my assumption was correct :lolol:
No - I haven’t at all - I have said twice TB will spend if a player becomes available to us that would be a good fit for the team (like eg Barco).

He was specifically asked about injured players and responded by saying basically what I’m am saying to you - Buying players in to just supplement an injury list that will not be an issue by mid February isn’t ‘a good fit’ so no, we won’t be buying any players that we can’t fit into the squad once we have our existing players back from injury - we don’t have the resources to pay for an unnecessarily bloated squad.

You can not read into either the interview or my post that “we will not be spending any money in January“ so stop twisting my words please. I think, it very likely we will if Boca accept our offer for Barco - maybe even more than you might expect. We don’t know who else we have our eye on either.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
No - I haven’t at all - I have said twice TB will spend if a player becomes available to us that would be a good fit for the team (like eg Barco).

Buying players in to just supplement an injury list that will not be an issue by mid February isn’t ‘a good fit’ so no, we won’t be buying any players that we can’t fit into the squad once we have our existing players back from injury.

You can not read into either the interview or my post that “we will not be spending any money in January“ so stop twisting my words please.
Hi, you are being trolled. You have not been charged for this service.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hi, you are being trolled. You have not been charged for this service.
Thanks, there seems to be a lot of that lately - it isn’t always easy for me to tell tbh - I tend to take posts at face value 😕

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here