Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom ‘insight’

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Nice one Dazzer.

If I had just one million, I'd put my shirt over my head and run down the street shouting and screaming. Just think, TB has got 1,300 times as much as that and stays as cool as a very cool thing.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It will come from the Sunday Times Rich List research which states Bloom's wealth at £1.3bn. However, by their own admission, they state that some people's wealth is more difficult to assess than others. It's my understanding that Bloom has his Lizard consultancy business, property interests and Private Equity interests. Private Equity is difficult to assess in terms of value at any one time. Who would like to venture a guess at the worth of his shares in BHA?

TB has almost always managed to avoid being mentioned in the ST Rich List, which, as I have said many times, is 90 percent guesswork anyway. According to a sub-editor on the ST business pages that I know, it's largely compiled by interns and work-experience kids after the top dozen or so,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice one Dazzer.

If I had just one million, I'd put my shirt over my head and run down the street shouting and screaming. Just think, TB has got 1,300 times as much as that and stays as cool as a very cool thing.

(not really that) Amazingly I'm so shot to pieces I'm fairly sure if I had just one million I'd still be seriously depressed.
I'm sure my work depression would magically transform into something else. :down:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Nice one Dazzer.

honestly wonder where he finds the time....... family, so many businesses, Albion...... bit of a Superman is our Uncle Tone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TB has almost always managed to avoid being mentioned in the ST Rich List, which, as I have said many times, is 90 percent guesswork anyway. According to a sub-editor on the ST business pages that I know, it's largely compiled by interns and work-experience kids after the top dozen or so,

I believe this. I spent many years working in private banking and we had several clients on the list. The numbers were usually MILES out, not remotely close.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
(not really that) Amazingly I'm so shot to pieces I'm fairly sure if I had just one million I'd still be seriously depressed.
I'm sure my work depression would magically transform into something else. :down:

One of the lowest points in my 'inner happiness' scale was whilst flying B.A. First Class to New York, eating fillet steak and drinking fine wine at 30,000 feet with a napkin on my lap. I was thoroughly depressed at the time, sitting in a seat many people would love to sit in.

Money and fancy things do not bring true happiness. It all starts in your own mind.

That said, a million quid would eradicate many of life's worries, so it'd be a start!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you took away all his money he would still be a bloke you would like to go to the match with .

I've never not got a reply to a hello or a fishing trip about new players or even what a nice day it is , top bloke with or without the money and a die hard Brighton and Hove Albion supporter.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I believe this. I spent many years working in private banking and we had several clients on the list. The numbers were usually MILES out, not remotely close.

Me too. It was quite funny seeing how far out they were at times. However, others will then use it as a ‘reliable’ source to quote wealth from.

el punal

If you took away all his money he would still be a bloke you would like to go to the match with .

I've never not got a reply to a hello or a fishing trip about new players or even what a nice day it is , top bloke with or without the money and a die hard Brighton and Hove Albion supporter.

On several occasions I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Tony Bloom at various railway stations following Albion away trips. As you’ve described what a smashing bloke. I cannot think of any other owner of a Premier League or Championship club that has that affinity with their team’s supporters. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here